Just got d4 yesterday, questions about transfering pics and cant setup email

Erikbal

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday I just upgraded from my trusty D3 to this D4 and I really love the phone and it's fast! The problems I am having is when I go to set up my email accounts I am positive I am using the right username and password then it asks for account name and nickname so I just put whatever there. When I hit next it keeps saying something like invalid credentials or something. What am I doing wrong? I don't recall my d3 ever asking for account name and nickname.

Second issue is when I put in my memory card from the d3, only 5 of my pictures show up. I'm thinking I'll have to put them on the computer then transfer from there to the phone? If so what folder on the phone will I select to put the pics in? Also once they're transferred onto the phone how do I go about moving them from the phones memory to the sd cards memory? I think that's about it for now, thanks for all the help!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Up....I'm sure someone can help me out here...

Rory.Gibb

Reaction score
Hi,

Email woes: Based on your description, it sounds like your are adding a new GMAIL account, correct? My droid4 has one Google account configured, the one set up when I purchased the phone. I tried adding a new Gmail account, put in email address and a bogus password and left 'account' and 'nickname' blank and got a popup denying access to that account. Put in correct password, again leaving 'account' and 'nickname' blank and was successful.

So... are you sure you have the correct email address and password? Are you trying to add a Gmail account?

Photos: They are stored in /sdcard/DCIM/CAMERA/ or in /sdcard-ext/DCIM/CAMERA. I may be wrong but I don't think you can copy files to internal storage via USB. I believe only the sdcard is mounted.

As a suggestion, try the Quickpic app, way better than the stock gallery and it allows you to choose which directories to search for photos. I have mine set to both the DCIM folders mentioned above and others like /sdcard/download and /sdcard/backgrounds.

Hope this helps.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Actually I am trying to setup an existing google account and yahoo email account. I am POSITIVE I have the right username and passwords because it's the google account I used to setup the phone and had on my D3. Also the yahoo mail account is one I've had for like 13 years and I know I'm putting in the right info. I really need to get these setup, especially the yahoo account because I use my phone for email and internet more than I do our home pc. I don't recall my D3 ever asking for account name and nickname, but I can't imagine it would matter what you put in for those..

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Well I have NO idea why or what I did different but I just tried again and got both email accounts to work with no problem! That's a relief. Now...howcome only 5 of my pics show up when I put in my sd card and how can I get the rest to show up?

Benton

Reaction score
It is great to know you got your email all straightened out. As for the pics, can you put your SD card into a pc then using the pc's file explorer see if you can find the pics on the card? I have just transferred SD cards from phone to phone and the pics all show up in the Gallery so I am wondering if they really exist on the SD card or if they are on the old D3's internal memory. Just a thought...