D4 not reading contents on SD card.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
I cant find anything on this, and Im quite confused. My wife just got the d4 and we took the sd card from her old phone (lg ally) and put it in the d4. When I got to file manager, it only shows a couple folder and the folders it does list are said to be empty. If I go to system, it shows that the card is using about 1.5 GB worth of data. Is there somethign special I have to do to get the d4 to read the card right? The card works just fine. I just took it out and backed it up on my computer.

kwyrt

Reaction score
You probably already know this but just in case, the sd card that you inserted will be listed as sdcard-ext. Sdcard refers to the internal storage partition.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Squeak87

Reaction score
It may have something to do with the way the LG Ally formats the sd card. I also had an Ally phone and had problems with my Droid 2 and other phones reading it. If you have everything backed up on your computer maybe try formatting the sd card from the Droid 4 and then transferring your data.

OP
hellmonkey

hellmonkey

Reaction score
You probably already know this but just in case, the sd card that you inserted will be listed as sdcard-ext. Sdcard refers to the internal storage partition.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Thank you, that was it. My phone is a D2, so Im had the same file system as the Ally. I didnt know there were 2 SD Cards on the new phones. Everything was there once I went to sd-ext. Thank you.