Just got an iPad from work today, and I'm saying goodbye...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by zodder, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, when I read the title I was thinking WTF, then I saw what you did there.

Nice post.

2. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the iPhone 3G and after never being able to make or receive calls I kicked it to the curb. Haven't looked back either since I find Droid to be a far better phone and Android a much better OS.

No I don't think they'll switch from Android to iPhone. If they are on Blackberry or some other non-Android phone I see them getting iPhone because it's the hip thing right now.

I say this because applications and user interface for the average user doesn't mean jack. I see it every day on the Metro. Tons of iPhones in use. The disturbing part is these people aren't using them for anything but e-mail and an iPod (only thing more disturbing was the at least 40 year old guy listening to Lady Gaga :icon_eek: ).

I'm willing to bet out of the iPhones I've seen, at least 50-60% of them have a single page of apps or NO apps at all. I honestly can't believe how many iPhones I've seen that have ZERO applications loaded. Most of these people probably don't even understand how powerful a smart phone really is. They just want to check e-mail and post worthless crap on Facebook which sadly is the app I see most people using, well that or Doodle Jump.

The same goes for Android devices I see in use. Few or no apps at all. The average user just doesn't care. If they can access e-mail, the Internet, and Facebook they'll take whatever device they can get their hands on. If the current fad is iPhone they'll get that. If it's an Android device they'll take that instead.

3. Twoo

Twoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work in a Hospital and we're going to be purchasing a program that automatically downloads and updates patients charts to Ipads that we will have. For uses like this the Ipad is an incredible device and invaluable. It wasn't designed to replace the laptop- it was designed for mobile internet browsing, email, gaming and corporate use.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I guess we also shouldn't forget that iWhatever started out as iPods, and still are the strongest media players imho.