Just got an iPad from work today, and I'm saying goodbye...

RemyL75

Reaction score
Wow.... all of this because one poster said he didn't care for the iPad lol

Ok, my distaste for Apple dates back before Android was even around. We all have our reasons. Whatever they are, Apple didn't get to where it is (mostly) because people liked or disliked them. I will give them credit for this.... they created a vacuum. Nature didn't like that too much, so someone created Android OS. And I thank the creators of Android, Nature and Apple for that.
Apple will be where it is, until someone takes it down. I'm putting my money on Google/HTC/Motorola to do it eventually.
Now back to our original topic lol.
I played with the iPad. It's a great device, but too many restrictions for me. And that's before you get to lack of flash support. I'll get an Android Tablet and be happy with it.

dancedroid

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You'd think we were talking about choosing God or Atheism the way some people talk about this. 90% of the population couldn't care less about this. Waaaay too much dogmatism in this thread!

You are mistaken , electronics are more important than God . Just look what people would do for them
[video=youtube;nMKjsGpdYY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKjsGpdYY8]YouTube - PS3 Riot at Fresno Bestbuy[/video]

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd think we were talking about choosing God or Atheism the way some people talk about this. 90% of the population couldn't care less about this. Waaaay too much dogmatism in this thread!

You are mistaken , electronics are more important than God . Just look what people would do for them
[video=youtube;nMKjsGpdYY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKjsGpdYY8"][/video]

wow... almost sad... i mean, i get being a big fan and wanting to be the first and all that... not for me, but i get that - but man, needing police and all that other crap :icon_eek:

Darkseider

Reaction score
another I hate apple thread blah. Do people really hate apple or do they read what everyone writes and just follow suit. It's getting old really really fast.

I truly hate Apple. My hatred began a LONG time ago when I was a teenager. I was all Apple II, IIe and then the IIgs. The IIgs is what started my utter hatred for them. It was their 16bit entry against the Amiga and Atari 1024st. I went with Apple because I had their previous products and lots of software. My parents paid an arm and a leg for this thing with promises of upgrades from Apple and other 3rd parties. Apple even said they were going to release an expansion card to more or less turn it into a Mac in order to future proof it and provide an easier upgrade path. 2 years later Apple along with the other 3rd parties dropped it like a hot potato as if it never existed and went balls out with the Mac II line and the rest is history.

Since then I have hated all things Apple. Anything that Steve Jobs is related with I stay away from because I know that all it is is marketing and bull**** when coming from him. Had I known then what I know now I would have gotten an Amiga 1000 and been happier than a pig in slop. Instead I bought into the hype that was Apple and got burned.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
another I hate apple thread blah. Do people really hate apple or do they read what everyone writes and just follow suit. It's getting old really really fast.

I truly hate Apple. My hatred began a LONG time ago when I was a teenager. I was all Apple II, IIe and then the IIgs. The IIgs is what started my utter hatred for them. It was their 16bit entry against the Amiga and Atari 1024st. I went with Apple because I had their previous products and lots of software. My parents paid an arm and a leg for this thing with promises of upgrades from Apple and other 3rd parties. Apple even said they were going to release an expansion card to more or less turn it into a Mac in order to future proof it and provide an easier upgrade path. 2 years later Apple along with the other 3rd parties dropped it like a hot potato as if it never existed and went balls out with the Mac II line and the rest is history.

Since then I have hated all things Apple. Anything that Steve Jobs is related with I stay away from because I know that all it is is marketing and bull**** when coming from him. Had I known then what I know now I would have gotten an Amiga 1000 and been happier than a pig in slop. Instead I bought into the hype that was Apple and got burned.

I think it's safe to say that Apple, at least now, is more for the "tech clueless" than the "tech enthusiast/expert", and the people that don't mind paying for what they're getting, which is typically something they don't have to think about for it to do what they want. Not that techies don't do Apple, but generally speaking...

And who's to say that's necessarily bad? The majority are people that don't like to have to think about their stuff for it to work, they just want it to work... Steve Jobs might blow some hot air, but he's at least nailed down one heck of a market "niche", if it can even be referred to as that.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that Apple, at least now, is more for the "tech clueless" than the "tech enthusiast/expert", and the people that don't mind paying for what they're getting, which is typically something they don't have to think about for it to do what they want. Not that techies don't do Apple, but generally speaking...

And who's to say that's necessarily bad? The majority are people that don't like to have to think about their stuff for it to work, they just want it to work... Steve Jobs might blow some hot air, but he's at least nailed down one heck of a market "niche", if it can even be referred to as that.

I have to agree with jntowers. They are the AOL of portable devices. People don't buy them to learn about them. They buy them to use them and because they are shiny and relatively easy. Their main customer base are people that would actually read the instruction manual, but prob don't fell like it and just want it to work. Not for people that know it can and should do more for the money you pay for it and therefore will work to make it reach it's full potential, or go and buy something else they can do this with.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have to agree with jntowers. They are the AOL of portable devices. People don't buy them to learn about them. They buy them to use them and because they are shiny and relatively easy. Their main customer base are people that would actually read the instruction manual, but prob don't fell like it and just want it to work. Not for people that know it can and should do more for the money you pay for it and therefore will work to make it reach it's full potential, or go and buy something else they can do this with.

Or perhaps they just have lives that extend beyond their phones.

etx_droid

Reaction score
If there was never an :iphone:, there probably would have never been a :motdroidhoriz:. I don't hate Apple, I just think they are arrogant and think their products are the bee's knee's. I applaud them for attempting (and usually succeeding) in moving technology forward. You just wait and see ALL the tablets in the near future...

pbdroid

Reaction score
I look at the battle between Droid (Rhoid as some of my IPhone faithful call it), and the IPuke and compare it to two sports teams. Lakers vs Celtics, Yanks vs BoSox, Cowboys vs Steelers. Droid's the new kid on the block, but is kicking some major ass and will. IPuke's been around for a long time and has won the hearts of many. It's finese ... Droid is like the Raiders (of old) in the smartphone community. This is a rivalry in the making. One for the history books.

It's all fun and games until somebody's IPuke gets eaten by a Droid. !!!

BostonDan

Reaction score
I look at the battle between Droid (Rhoid as some of my IPhone faithful call it), and the IPuke and compare it to two sports teams. Boston vs Celtics, Yanks vs BoSox, Cowboys vs Steelers. Droid's the new kid on the block, but is kicking some major ass. IPuke's been around for a long time and has won the hearts of many. It's finese ... Droid is like the Raiders (of old) in the smartphone community.

It's all fun and games until somebody's IPuke gets eaten by a Droid. !!!

Ummm... last time I checked, Boston was FOR the celtics, not against them.... but maybe that's just me...

"For those of you on drugs, those are frisbees.... for those of you on Frisbees, those are drugs...."

Cheers,
B.D.

korp

Reaction score
I've played a couple games and it seems pretty cool for big internet browsing and magazine reading .... but the 3g version is pointless to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bronx finest

Reaction score
to that damn thing already! You'd have to pry my Droid from my cold dead hands before you'd ever get me to switch to that thing. I felt like I took a giant step backwards in features, functionality and apps, and that's not even talking about the phone aspect of the Droid. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time apart to truly appreciate what you have. dancedroid
Haha, when I read the title I was thinking WTF, then I saw what you did there.

Nice post.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Corncakes, Do you think the average person will not switch to iphone? You are deep in the tech world. Most aren't. When VZ gets the iphone it will have a stranglehold on the smartphone market. DEVs will produce apps on the OS that will provide the most exposure thereby the most money. It's great you love android and all it offers but to think iphone coming to verizon doesn't worry Google you are in the dark. Google knows they need to streamline what they have been doing for the last year. They are confusing the average smartphone user and giving up market share because of it. The change will be much to the shagrin to technofiles but the majority like ease of use. One device, one OS, and minimal confusion. They don't want to have to reboot constantly, don't know what overclocking means, and don't care when updates are coming. They want to turn the thing on and use it

I had the iPhone 3G and after never being able to make or receive calls I kicked it to the curb. Haven't looked back either since I find Droid to be a far better phone and Android a much better OS.

No I don't think they'll switch from Android to iPhone. If they are on Blackberry or some other non-Android phone I see them getting iPhone because it's the hip thing right now.

I say this because applications and user interface for the average user doesn't mean jack. I see it every day on the Metro. Tons of iPhones in use. The disturbing part is these people aren't using them for anything but e-mail and an iPod (only thing more disturbing was the at least 40 year old guy listening to Lady Gaga :icon_eek: ).

I'm willing to bet out of the iPhones I've seen, at least 50-60% of them have a single page of apps or NO apps at all. I honestly can't believe how many iPhones I've seen that have ZERO applications loaded. Most of these people probably don't even understand how powerful a smart phone really is. They just want to check e-mail and post worthless crap on Facebook which sadly is the app I see most people using, well that or Doodle Jump.

The same goes for Android devices I see in use. Few or no apps at all. The average user just doesn't care. If they can access e-mail, the Internet, and Facebook they'll take whatever device they can get their hands on. If the current fad is iPhone they'll get that. If it's an Android device they'll take that instead.

Twoo

Reaction score
I work in a Hospital and we're going to be purchasing a program that automatically downloads and updates patients charts to Ipads that we will have. For uses like this the Ipad is an incredible device and invaluable. It wasn't designed to replace the laptop- it was designed for mobile internet browsing, email, gaming and corporate use.