Just got a Droid X2!! Willing to answer questions.

0vermind

Reaction score
Just got a Droid X2, after sending back my LG Revolution (man that phone was a piece of crap!!).

Currently loving this X2 and it's dual-core goodness. Willing to answer questions for those of you still trying to decide.

mygraine

Reaction score
I too have recently got one and am willing to answer questions.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ag707

Reaction score
Ive had some issues with mine, last night before falling asleep I charged my phone 100% and killed all my apps using the pre installed task manager. I woke up to find ny phone off and I could not turn it on by simply pushing the power/ hold button instead I had to remote e battery and plug it in to my charger, I noticed it dropped 40% battery over night wtf! This is the second time this has happened anyone experience same issue? Also my battery is terrible worse than ny brothers tbolt.
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
0vermind

0vermind

Reaction score
Ive had some issues with mine, last night before falling asleep I charged my phone 100% and killed all my apps using the pre installed task manager. I woke up to find ny phone off and I could not turn it on by simply pushing the power/ hold button instead I had to remote e battery and plug it in to my charger, I noticed it dropped 40% battery over night wtf! This is the second time this has happened anyone experience same issue? Also my battery is terrible worse than ny brothers tbolt.

Could be the dual core processor, I myself haven't really noticed terrible battery life, although it is pretty short. I think a lot of it has to do with stupid MotoBlur, which sucks up a ton of battery with all it's silly shenanigans and tom-foolery.

ag707

Reaction score
It's also been very laggy, and I kill all tasks every time I lock the screen and I only have one widget and 5 shortcuts. I might just go in and try and get a new one

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Try installing the v6 supercharger there are a few members that have ran it and say the phone is just blazing fast after
Not to sure about battery life all I can think about is extended battery

Sent From A Modded X

ag707

Reaction score
Im sorry but I don't know what that is or where to her it lol. And will that void the factory warranty because I heard adding stuff like that can void it? Thanks for you help btw

ag707

Reaction score
Ok so ill see if they want to give me a another x2 if not ill play around withstand the v6 supercharger. Thanks for your help

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Ya no problem another thing you could do is wait out till some stable ROMs come out if some haven't already and that will usually get rid of alot of laggy-ness. Hope everything works out!

Sent From A Modded X

bennyj

Reaction score
There are a few good threads here on how to root your dx2 and supercharge it. I did it to mine and it does run alot smoother! Also froze all that moto blurr crap and my battery life is much better.

magman

Reaction score
im useing the droid 1 right now and i like it but want to get the droid x2 next week and i hear so many things about the screen good and bad i stopped buy my local store today and to my suprise they didnt have one for display so thing is i like the screen on my droid is it going to be better in pic qualty then it im rooted and running cm7 so i plan on rooting the x2 as well .

so big thing is how would u say the screen compares not in size but quality.
as far as a phone in a whole im sure almost any new droid would be a huge upgrade for .

thanks all :D

magman

Reaction score
i forgot to say that other then phone calls and browsing the web the phones main use will be gaming with 3d games thanks

mygraine

Reaction score
One word of caution, although we do have the sbf to return the phone to stock, it is not for the feint of heart. With the one click roots now available it is much easier to root than unroot. Be sure to read how to flash the sbf before you decide that you should root.

sdgolflady

Reaction score
problems

i just got my droid x2 and of course don't know what i am doing... two things. First my task master does not work also my verizon isn't working either.. It keeps telling me sorry the application my verizon mobile has stopped unepectedly. i trashed it and tried to reinstall,but no good.. still keeps coming up with the sorry ....

also, does anyone know how to attach pictures from facebook onto your contacts? someone said go to facebook and the menue... I went to facebook and hit the menue botton on the phone and all it said was refresh... I am really confused... thanks...:icon_eek: