Just reviewed the Droid X2

T

tavenger5

I just reviewed the Droid X2. It's a pretty nice phone, but I really don't see the point in it other than displaying that Motorola/Verizon has a dual core phone.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad0www

Reaction score
IMO I think it's to best phone (spec wise) in verizon lineup. If only it was vanilla, 4G, unlocked, and front facing camera then it would be the actual best.

Sent from my DROIDX

mthorn79

Reaction score
IMO I think it's to best phone (spec wise) in verizon lineup. If only it was vanilla, 4G, unlocked, and front facing camera then it would be the actual best.

Sent from my DROIDX

You kinda just contradicted yourself didn't you? Calling it the best in Vz's bunch, yet listed a whole slew of things you wished it had.

From what is sounds like from some of the reviews, lagginess from wakeup (Motoblur again dragging down what could've been a great phone IE Atrix)

To me, I'm going with the T-bolt as being the best phone spec wise that Vz has, yes it has no dual core but its still pretty freaking quick, even though its not Vanilla, has a kickstand which I've really gotten good use out of, a front facing camera which I've used for a couple of business phone conferences & it's worked perfectly, 4G is blazing fast (battery drainer yes but I can live with it) & I just love HTC's build quality in their phones feels like they put time into it. The DX2 is nothing more than a DX with another core, minus the front camera & no 4G LTE on a new phone like this?! So how again is this Vz's best phone?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

You kinda just contradicted yourself didn't you? Calling it the best in Vz's bunch, yet listed a whole slew of things you wished it had.

Yeah those are pretty big wants.

Shad0www

Reaction score

You do know know something can be the best yet could have more features to make it even better right? Yeah not a contradiction.

And if you are anypart of the hacking rooting community you know an unlocked bootloader and vanilla make a truly great phone that doesn't show up in the specs.

As you know I said spec wise it's a better phone because it is spec wise. I never said anything about real world application.

The DX2 is nothing more than a DX with another core

And now that ^ statement right there shows your ignorance.

Sent from my DROIDX

andross77

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

From what is sounds like from some of the reviews, lagginess from wakeup (Motoblur again dragging down what could've been a great phone IE Atrix)

To me, I'm going with the T-bolt as being the best phone spec wise that Vz has, yes it has no dual core but its still pretty freaking quick, even though its not Vanilla, has a kickstand which I've really gotten good use out of, a front facing camera which I've used for a couple of business phone conferences & it's worked perfectly, 4G is blazing fast (battery drainer yes but I can live with it) & I just love HTC's build quality in their phones feels like they put time into it. The DX2 is nothing more than a DX with another core, minus the front camera & no 4G LTE on a new phone like this?! So how again is this Vz's best phone?

His statement isn't a contradiction in the slightest and i agree with it completely. I reviewed ALL the new phones coming out and DX2 is the BEST on Verizon AT THE MOMENT, IN MY OPINION :) Caps were necessary there hehe.

Sure, i would much rather have a samsung galaxy s 2 with 4g that was made out of metal instead of plastic and had the higher resolution of the droid x 2 and didn't have gps problems like the past galaxy phones and......

See? you can go on forever and that's the whole fricken point of cell phone manufacturers: they give you this, but not that. here is an upgrade, here it is the same. downgrade this (lost camera button, wtf) but give a long-asked for improvement here. They do it so you KEEP BUYING refreshes.

Anyways, i got my dx2 off craigslist and am super happy that i still have my upgrade to use at the holidays when tegra 3 comes out. It is a sweet phone and i laugh at all the people whining about the screen. i enjoy it more than the dx and literally can only see pixelation on the battery icon in the status bar and no where else. OH NOES! WORST PHONE EVAR!....

Oowoon

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

We all have opinions. Some just don't think 4G LTE is the best thing since sliced bread.

rushmore

Reaction score
VZW 4G network and the radio chips to support it efficiently are about another device generation away.

DKunch

Reaction score
Thunderbolt sux!!!!

I bought the TBolt on the day it was released... and had it til yesterday.... I can honestly say that it was the biggest piece of junk i ever owned.... Yes it had all the bells and whistles but its quality as a phone itself was god awful.... it would power cycle all the time... the Prox sensor never kept the screen off while it was against my face and i was constantly going on mute or hanging up on ppl... called VZW and they said oh well we have found out it takes being reset a couple times to finally get it right..... well that is unacceptable for a brand new phone... so after 2 hours of complaining about how ****ty that phone is... i got them to agree to swap my phone out for the DX2 free of charge and not effecting my upgrade at all... and i am EXTREMELY happy with the phone.... it does its function of a phone perfectly, the battery life is better, and just overall its a better phone... Yes it is missing the FFC, and the 4g... but i wont have 4g for at least a year anyway... so no big deal... and i never used the FFC the entire time i had the TBolt so again no big deal. the Droid x is continually getting Upgrades even after being out for a long time now... as well as the Original Droid and Droid 2... so i like that Motorola gets its upgrades for a long time. I will never own another HTC product again, yes they design a sexy phone... but thats all they got.. yes Sense is cool... but its not that much better then the Motorola UI that it would be worth staying with an inferior quality phone..... So in the end i would DEFINITELY recommend the DX2 to anyone over the Droid Charge and the TBolt

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
VZW 4G network and the radio chips to support it efficiently are about another device generation away.

I also believe this, and that's another reason to be very happy with my X2.

My next update is in January and by then we should have a:
Stable multi-core, 4G phone, with decent battery life. (I said decent not great.)

All the sales guys in Verizon that have 4G phones, (a few had iPhones) have that remote charger battery in their pockets. They always pushed the extended battery too. So if they're admitting they got a problem with 4G then they got a problem.

Zetsumei

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

For me HTC has terrible build quality, screen popping out squeaky plastic housing, horrible earpiece quality. Yes it was a snappy phone and I liked the kickstand but I can live without it. 4G is still quite infant and overrated and Verizon's "4G" isn't quite truly 4G, same with all the carriers. I can live without the 4G and the FFC (vanity item imo) until 4G actually becomes stable, and not the bane of batteries everywhere. At times 4G woud be slower than 3G and that was quite disappointing. Overall the x2 is quite soild and probably is what the bionic was supposed to be -ffc -lte.