Just came from an OG Droid, need help with bluetooth/car

jfrank21

Reaction score
Hey guys, been lurking these forums for a while...joined to ask a quick question. I have a Nissan Murano, it has an aux button that I hit to play music from my phone over the bluetooth connection. With my OG Droid, just hitting that button would launch the stock music player on the phone and everything was good. I couldn't skip tracks, but otherwise I was content. Anyway, I just got the Razr Maxx yesterday and no matter what I've tried, I can't get it to launch the player automatically anymore. When I hit the aux button, the music info pops up, but hitting play with the car controls doesn't do anything. It wont play anything until I get into the phone and launch the music player through that. Then I can hit play and it works. Obviously, this is pretty distracting while driving. Do any of you have a solution, or suggestions? Is there a setting I can change on the Maxx? I don't see why the OG Droid would launch automatically but the Maxx wont. Any help would be much appreciated!

rn701

Reaction score
Have the same issue in a Toyota Prius. OG Droid and Droid X both worked, launching player automatically. Maxx doesn't. Hope someone can advise as to a fix or a workaround. Always thought that was magic and one of the coolest features of the phone.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Try setting a smart action to open the music player when the phone connects with your cars Bluetooth.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

rn701

Reaction score
Good idea. Tried that and it works (launch music app on bluetooth connection). But the music player doesn't do anything. You still have to start play on the phone (at least in my car the bluetooth play button doesn't do anything).

There is a smart action to "play playlist" and that works. I got an app to create a playlist of 'all' and set the smart action to play that on bluetooth connection and it does just that.

Now the only issue is that it plays the playlist in order, where the old players would just automatically shuffle all when they started.

There's an "app action" on the shortcuts menu that lets you put an icon on a home page to "play music" that launches the player and shuffles all, but it isn't exposed to smart actions.

Close, but not quite there yet.

rn701

Reaction score
UPDATE: Changed the smart action to launch the Google Play Music player (instead of the Moto "my music" app) on bluetooth connection, and success! It fires up and starts playing random tunes, just like the Droid and the Droid X did before. Thanks, @KeepInitReel.

OP
J

jfrank21

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it. I hadn't even discovered the smart actions app yet but I've got it set up now and seems to do the trick. I set it up to launch the music player and play a playlist. I just need to organize my playlists and I should be good to go. This is probably as close as I will get. Thanks again!