Just bought a Thunderbolt for $179 out the door!! :D

alboboy10

Reaction score
Amazon isn't working, it's telling me there might be a problem with the information I'm entering....and I'm entering the right info.

vzwcooter

Reaction score
I am eligible for early upgrade....I just went through the whole process and Amazon told me that I can't upgrade until August :(

That's a bummer

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ordered mine 4:30 am (CALI) this morning through VW. $249.99 next day shipping free...I've never had a problem with VW shipping getting me things the next day so i went with them. I'd rather have the phone in my hand tomorrow than Monday or Tuesday.

tubemonkey

Reaction score
Just called Amazon to clarify discounts.

They do NOT accept NE2 discounts, so I ordered from Verizon:

$199.99 - $100.00 NE2 = $99.99
Data: $23.39 w/ Corp Discount

vzwcooter

Reaction score

Did you get a corp discount on the phone as well? I am only seeing it for $249.99 but I haven't looked to see if I get a discount through my company.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Wirefly, 199. I paid an extra 10 for car charger which is originally 20. Alltogether with taxes 228. At Verizon it would have cost 300 something just for phone.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
if i call verizon and say amazon is offering it for $179 will they match the price or just laugh at me? I can do an early upgrade but only verizon honors it.

tubemonkey

Reaction score

Did you get a corp discount on the phone as well? I am only seeing it for $249.99 but I haven't looked to see if I get a discount through my company.

No corporate discount on the phone. It shows up as $199.99 for 2 year upgrade. Corporate discounts only apply to the voice and data plans of the primary line, and I think accessories; but never to the phones.

I have no idea why some of us get $199.99 and others get $249.99. Why not give Verizon a call.

alboboy10

Reaction score
if i call verizon and say amazon is offering it for $179 will they match the price or just laugh at me? I can do an early upgrade but only verizon honors it.

I called verizon to see how much they were selling, the guy was so quick to wanna sell me the phone for 250...so I told him, no thanks, I have a place where I can buy it for cheaper. He didn't believe me.

They will laugh in your face, they won't match it.

wvdroidman

Reaction score

I called verizon to see how much they were selling, the guy was so quick to wanna sell me the phone for 250...so I told him, no thanks, I have a place where I can buy it for cheaper. He didn't believe me.

They will laugh in your face, they won't match it.

That's wrong. They should match amazon's price. I don't want to pay $270 just for the phone before taxes. I'm thinking about switching to sprint for the evo which is much cheaper.

urklegrue

Reaction score
No corporate discount on the phone. It shows up as $199.99 for 2 year upgrade. Corporate discounts only apply to the voice and data plans of the primary line, and I think accessories; but never to the phones.

I got one at the Verizon store. Ten dollars off. I didn't buy any accessories, just the phone. Of course I had to pay the $20 early upgrade fee so it still ended up $10 more.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
it's a shame verizon is price gouging us. I have a feeling many will either choose other phones or switch carriers now. I'm probably NOT getting the thunderbolt unless they match amazon's price. I can get the evo shift 4g for $100 on amazon.com.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Just ordered mine too. I was going to go into BB and get it in the AM but saving 80 dollars and no sales tax is a no brainer for me. Oh, and free shipping. Screw you BB! haha
<sigh> *And* you are stuck with a two year contract.:( Have you any idea of the phones that will be released within the next 6 months? I don't either:) but I believe the Stealth, Bionic (over hyped) and others will come within that time frame and you may be in a deep, dark, remorseful place :icon_eek:. I have decided to go with Best Buy and their Buy Back plan. I'll still have a two year contract but I will use the Buy Back to purchase a new phone within the first year and my next phone a year later. Almost like having two 2 year contracts.:icon_ banana:

tubemonkey

Reaction score
<sigh> *And* you are stuck with a two year contract.:( Have you any idea of the phones that will be released within the next 6 months? I don't either:) but I believe the Stealth, Bionic (over hyped) and others will come within that time frame and you may be in a deep, dark, remorseful place :icon_eek:.

I renewed for two years and don't care. The Thunderbolt will still get the job done two years from now. I don't need cutting edge every year.

vzwcooter

Reaction score
Just ordered mine too. I was going to go into BB and get it in the AM but saving 80 dollars and no sales tax is a no brainer for me. Oh, and free shipping. Screw you BB! haha
<sigh> *And* you are stuck with a two year contract.:( Have you any idea of the phones that will be released within the next 6 months? I don't either:) but I believe the Stealth, Bionic (over hyped) and others will come within that time frame and you may be in a deep, dark, remorseful place :icon_eek:. I have decided to go with Best Buy and their Buy Back plan. I'll still have a two year contract but I will use the Buy Back to purchase a new phone within the first year and my next phone a year later. Almost like having two 2 year contracts.:icon_ banana:

You are going to be waiting a long time...always something new coming out. Just need to say, yup I like this phone, and go with it.