Just bought a Thunderbolt for $179 out the door!! :D

urklegrue

Reaction score
I wonder if Amazon will honor the early upgrade - Best Buy won't. I couldn't go that far into the checkout process to find out.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
Wow... will be $20 cheaper than with my NE2 at the Verizon store, but I will have to wait until MONDAY for it to arrive...

hdeez

Reaction score
Just ordered mine too. I was going to go into BB and get it in the AM but saving 80 dollars and no sales tax is a no brainer for me. Oh, and free shipping. Screw you BB! haha

evereddie

Reaction score
Question,need help or advise.
I was thinking about ordering on Amazon. On first page it gives option of keeping my plan just the way it is. Great, just what I want. Next you pick service option for data plan. OK pick the 29.95. Then it asks about text package. Since I want to keep my whole plan just the way it is should I ignore this area? That is what I get from the 'Selecting service options' box. I just want to slide this new phone in where the old one was.

I presently have a 9.99 data plan or (web access) cause of my 'feature phone'. Will this drop off or will I have to go into Verizon access and cancel this.

Will my present Navigator also drop off since I am not selecting this for my new phone..

Will my 20% corporate discount still stay intact?

I know, so many questions. Just donn't want to shoot myself in the foot getting the good Amazon deal.

Firebird

Reaction score
I called Wirefly on Monday. I lost my DROID 2 weeks ago. Wirefly said I couldn't use one of the upgrades currently available on my family plan to use on my line without paying the $299 penalty.

I called Amazon.com 10 minutes ago, and the Amazon rep insisted that I would not be charged any penalty if I purchased the phone through Amazon.com and INITIALLY activated the phone on the line that is available for upgrade (I could then immediately switch back to the original phone on that line and activate the TB on my line).

The online purchasing system isn't working for me on Amazon.com now - it keep saying I've entered the wrong account information. I called Verizon and they said everything is right on their end and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I wonder if Amazon will honor the early upgrade - Best Buy won't. I couldn't go that far into the checkout process to find out.

I was told by the Walmart rep that most companies do not honor the early upgrade because their systems do not allow them to see you are eligible for the early upgrade, only the NE2 upgrade. My guess is amazon wont be able to see you are eligible to upgrade early.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

robrecht

Reaction score
... and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?
Thunderbolts and lightning, no doubt!

gujupmp88

Reaction score
I called Wirefly on Monday. I lost my DROID 2 weeks ago. Wirefly said I couldn't use one of the upgrades currently available on my family plan to use on my line without paying the $299 penalty.

I called Amazon.com 10 minutes ago, and the Amazon rep insisted that I would not be charged any penalty if I purchased the phone through Amazon.com and INITIALLY activated the phone on the line that is available for upgrade (I could then immediately switch back to the original phone on that line and activate the TB on my line).

The online purchasing system isn't working for me on Amazon.com now - it keep saying I've entered the wrong account information. I called Verizon and they said everything is right on their end and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?

if you sign on to your my verizon account on verizonwireless.com, you can choose "upgrade phone" and transfer the upgrade to any of the other phones on your plan. that way you dont need to activate it first on one account and then activate it on another.

Firebird

Reaction score

if you sign on to your my verizon account on verizonwireless.com, you can choose "upgrade phone" and transfer the upgrade to any of the other phones on your plan. that way you dont need to activate it first on one account and then activate it on another.

I saw that. Is that permanent though? When I was doing that, it seemed as if that would take effect after your purchased a new phone?

hdeez

Reaction score
I am the holder of the family share plan I am on and did not have an upgrade on my number because my brother stole it. I used my moms upgrade to buy the phone with her number. I was told by a verizon rep that you can use other members upgrade and apply it to your line when activating. It will just extend that other lines agreement 24months.

I have 22% off my plan too and Im 99% positive that will still continue. In my case it only applies to the account holders upgrades etc. The 22% off has to do with the coverage not the phone.

I am just going to call verizon when I get the phone in and explain to them what I want them to do. Hopefully it will be as easy as it sounds, haha.

306stang

Reaction score
so is at easy as 179 out the door? i'm due for an upgrade but this price still beats (more than likely) what verizon will want for the phone, probably 200.

is the data and text option basically just showing what you'll pay every month with your plan??

Firebird

Reaction score
I am the holder of the family share plan I am on and did not have an upgrade on my number because my brother stole it. I used my moms upgrade to buy the phone with her number. I was told by a verizon rep that you can use other members upgrade and apply it to your line when activating. It will just extend that other lines agreement 24months.

I have 22% off my plan too and Im 99% positive that will still continue. In my case it only applies to the account holders upgrades etc. The 22% off has to do with the coverage not the phone.

I am just going to call verizon when I get the phone in and explain to them what I want them to do. Hopefully it will be as easy as it sounds, haha.

Wait?

It extended your other line, that you switched the upgrade from, by 24 months? It didn't swap the two dates?

For instance, my line is due up 8/2011. If I can get this to swap, will the line that is currently up for upgrade go to 8/2011 when mine switches to be available for upgrade?

Or will it add 24 months on the line I'm taking the upgrade from and not swap my date over?

evereddie

Reaction score
Hmmm? I couldn't get Amazon to pop-up the window telling me about "Total Equipment Coverage Advanced Device", for 7.99 for this Fancy phone. What all does this cover. Do I want it or is the extended warrante all I might need if I am basically careful.

hdeez

Reaction score
From what a rep told me a while ago it extends the line that has the upgrade 24mo. You can apply that upgrade to any phones on the share plan but the line with the original upgrade will be extended another 24mo. I got the 7.99 insurance but Im not too sure what that all includes. Im assuming its the verizon insurance that I hear is pretty good. If I dont like it or feel I need it I will just cancel it whenever I want. Its month to month