Juice defender settings

dolfanpete

Reaction score
What do you have your set for? I have tried balanced,aggressive,and custom. I would love ti be able to keep it on aggressive if there were a way to keep 3g/4g on at all times...I hate having to disable/enable every time

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Juice defender is entirely unnecessary. It slows down the phone significantly for only a tiny increase in battery life.
Especially unnecessary since you have the maxx!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Sorry that BroidDrionic didn't have such a good experience, but I have not found his assessment to be true and, as of this moment, neither do the 119,460 people who gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars. (I, btw, have not rated it. So I know that number is off by at least 1. ;)) The Ultimate version is rated #3 in paid apps in the Market, after two that are not battery savers.

I love JD and own the Ultimate version (You can compare versions here.). It's the best $5 I have spent on my phone. The nice thing about it is how easy it is to play with the settings and see what works best for you. I got the Ultimate because I knew I wanted Location Aware Wifi, which requires spending $2 on the Plus version, and figured I'd grow into using the rest of it....which I did. One of the nice thing about Location Aware is you can have it behave differently on different networks. For example, on my home or church wifi, I never have it disconnect - even when the screen is off. I've found that made very little difference (if any) in performance and prevented any lag while connecting (which might be what BroidDrionic was referring to). But otherwise, if the screen is off, I have it set to connect however it needs to every 15 minutes for checking email, etc.

I've also set it so certain apps running will mean it will not disconnect, even if the screen is off. Or to force a Bluetooth connect with certain devices, but disable after 5 minutes of inactivity. It manages my Brightness, including bumping it up over 100% in bright sunlight. Some of these things I can do with Smart Actions, but I just find it easier to institute and toggle with JD. I still use SAs if there's something I find it would do easier, so they do work together.

I'd say get the free version, play with it, and decide if you think it's good enough, you want to upgrade to a paid version, or your assessment is like BroidDrioics. And let us know what you think!

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I have already purchased juice defender. Just trying to get a read on the best way to configure it.
Basically, I have had it on balanced (which made me feel like it wasn't doing enough) then I tried aggressive, which I didnt like because I had to manually disable and enableb connectivity whey time i wanted to surf the net etc.

I saw there was an ultimate setting, but I figured thar would be even more restrictive than the aggressive setting. Or is there another part of the app I shoulf get?

SallyC

Reaction score
I'd go to your Status tab scroll to Profile and click Advanced. Now a bunch of tabs and options become available. Play with them!

Also, fyi, I have not had any problems with the ones where you might get a experimental warning with like Brightness or Bluetooth. They worked well with my RAZR.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'd go to your Status tab scroll to Profile and click Advanced. Now a bunch of tabs and options become available. Play with them!

Also, fyi, I have not had any problems with the ones where you might get a experimental warning with like Brightness or Bluetooth. They worked well with my RAZR.
SallyC...what kind of battery life are you getting on a typical day?

SallyC

Reaction score
SallyC...what kind of battery life are you getting on a typical day?

I usually don't let my battery run down (thanks to FoxKat :)) but when I've tested it, 12—18 hrs of day use would bring me to the 25—35% range. If I take it off before I go to bed, I can add 8 hrs to those numbers (20—26 hrs) with nominal increase of drain as I have it set to airplane mode while I sleep.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I usually don't let my battery run down (thanks to FoxKat :)) but when I've tested it, 12—18 hrs of day use would bring me to the 25—35% range. If I take it off before I go to bed, I can add 8 hrs to those numbers (20—26 hrs) with nominal increase of drain as I have it set to airplane mode while I sleep.
Thanks SallyC. I'm not using SmartActions and I don't have JD. I turn my phone off every night about 1130 and charge it until about 630AM. I usually have between 60-65% batteryleft when I turn the phone off. I suspect you use your phone more than I. I respond to about 20 emails, 15 text, make about 15 minutes of phone calls and browse the web about 10-15min (on wifi) daily.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thanks Sally! I have been getting great battery life since I purchased jd 2 weeks ago. Been getting 14-18 hours of extreme use m-f. On weekends I can get 18 hrs and it still be at 40 percent as I use mostly wifi during the weekends...gonna play with the advance settings now