juice defender and razr

SallyC

Reaction score
My wifi has been fine. No idea what's going on with JTC303. Sorry.

61540877-d74d-c4cc.jpg

jtc303

Reaction score
SallyC said:
My wifi has been fine. No idea what's going on with JTC303. Sorry.

Mine seems to have a mind of its own... i wonder if its just the icon because sometimes the icon is really low but under mobile networks it says signal strength is excellent... very weird... and then it will randomly be full strength... not a big deal because i normally use 4G.. was just trying out to see what it did for battery life... I did a cache wipe but it doesnt seem to have resolved the issue... also turned off JD.. no dice

ricks

Reaction score
I really don't think JD really saves much battery. I looked into it once and all the research I found made me decide it just was not worth it.

topjimmy

Reaction score
checked my signal and it stays the same. Real low with JD running and real low without it runny. I was about the furthest I can get from my router inside my house when I took that screen shot so I went to the same spot and it was the same either way.

SallyC

Reaction score
Mine seems to have a mind of its own... i wonder if its just the icon because sometimes the icon is really low but under mobile networks it says signal strength is excellent... very weird... and then it will randomly be full strength... not a big deal because i normally use 4G.. was just trying out to see what it did for battery life... I did a cache wipe but it doesnt seem to have resolved the issue... also turned off JD.. no dice

I have heard that the icon does not really relate to signal strength that closely, so if you are not having trouble with your connection, I don't know that I would think too much about it. Not sure about what you've found to be true, but I have JD set so my wifi network stays connected and I also have BT on all the time, so when I turn on my headset I don't have to first turn on BT. My phone's been on for about 11 hours right now with a fair - not heavy - bit of use, and I'm at 73% full. I have not found wifi or BT to drain my battery. I like how JD allows me to stay connected to my favorite networks because I tend to hop on and off a bit and I think it's actually easier on everything to just stay connected.

topjimmy

Reaction score
Lately JuiceDefender has been acting weird. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it. It doesn't automatically turn my 3G/4G on when I leave wifi. It is set up to do so.

topjimmy

Reaction score
In Juice Defender I have it set up handle my mobile data and to turn it off when connected to a known wifi. I can leave the house and my data never turns on. I will go in to the phone settings and manually turn it on and it will turn it right back off. Why does it do that? Is this a known issue? If so are they working on it?

SallyC

Reaction score
Mine is working fine so I don't believe there's a global issue.

If you turn off JD, can you turn on 3g/4g or does it still itself off? If not, I would uninstall and then re-install. If that doesn't fix it, try going through the settings again and try and isolate the problem. They have a pretty good online support area here where you can view the documents or search a knowledge base.

topjimmy

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Sally. I did disable JD for a few days and it does not automatically turn the data off so i have isolated it to a JD issue. I am assuming if I uninstall I don't have to pay again to reinstall.

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Sally. I did disable JD for a few days and it does not automatically turn the data off so i have isolated it to a JD issue. I am assuming if I uninstall I don't have to pay again to reinstall.

Assuming you bought it from Play, you can go there, click on My Apps and Install it again without buying it again.

Good luck!

topjimmy

Reaction score
I did buy it from Play and it appears an uninstall and re-install has fixed the issue. Now if I can just get them to fix the bluetooth issue it would be great.