JIT w/ CM

microsnook

Reaction score
I keep seeing that jitter (jit enabler) and I want to give it a try, but do you think its worth it?

Ive tried jit before, but didnt get much. I think it might be different w/ CM. I dont wanna waste my time lol

Give me your advice

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I tired it with DroidMod and it always caused things to crash. From what I hear it doesn't work well with éclair.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tired it with DroidMod and it always caused things to crash. From what I hear it doesn't work well with éclair.

What exactly is eclair?

The code name for Android 2.1.

JIT on eclair has been more buggy than stable in most instances. It is apparently working and stable on froyo, so just wait for 2.2 based builds to start coming out and you can be all jittery.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
507 doesn't use the 2.2 dalvikvm and lib files from 2.2 froyo, until then, Jit will always be unstable since it's a test build from like a year ago. Once froyo hits droid you'll be just fine with jit.

GryphonD

Reaction score
Check on Google Market for "jitEnabler(beta)" that is the one I use/d It was initially designed for CM 5.0.5.7, though it works with most other custom ROMs as well.

use of it is pretty basic, download and install, then Prepare Update, Install Tools, click bottom screen Menu Button, select phone model (only has support for Droid and N1. You will get a screen which states "CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 only" if on Droid *don't worry about the build prop number*, then just click Enable. It should automatically reboot your phone, and then you are done.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Check on Google Market for "jitEnabler(beta)" that is the one I use/d It was initially designed for CM 5.0.5.7, though it works with most other custom ROMs as well.

use of it is pretty basic, download and install, then Prepare Update, Install Tools, click bottom screen Menu Button, select phone model (only has support for Droid and N1. You will get a screen which states "CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 only" if on Droid *don't worry about the build prop number*, then just click Enable. It should automatically reboot your phone, and then you are done.

Theres a few Jit enable programs and scripts out, been out for quite awhile, the issue is that until the 2.2 source is pushed to the public or someone rips the jit from nexus and it actually works on the droid, we are still left to the mercy of the engineering test build that was put up like oct-nov last year I think.

Sure Jit will work anyways, you'll see your scores on various benchmarks get inflated and be happy and then ... oh what was that? why did my phone just reset? ahh just a glitch. then it happens again. then again.... seems like once the soft reboots start they seem to come more frequently.

It has nothing to do with rom or kernel used, it's just what happens when you use the unfinished / unstable jit files.

once 2.2 comes out it will be standard (and stable! woot :icon_ banana: ) so you really don't need these enable apps. There shouldn't be any reason to take it off once we have a stable version to run.