Jellybean update

trackman1

Reaction score
Is Jellybean update OTA available for the Galaxy nexus??....if not any idea when??

thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No.

When it is available you will see many threads about it. When there is an estimated release date you will see many threads about it. So basically, when it's close, you'll definitely hear news around here.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
When it is available you will see many threads about it. When there is an estimated release date you will see many threads about it. So basically, when it's close, you'll definitely hear news around here.

and thats not an understatement. LOL

captdroid

Reaction score
I said it before and I will say it again. Screw waiting for Verizon :)

Reaction score
we should take bets on how many more "when's jb coming" threads there will be....:icon_eek:

gernerttl

Reaction score
Here is my analysis, you can take it however you like.

The GSM GNex got 4.0.4 starting late March thru Mid April.
The Verizon GNex got 4.0.4 starting Mid May thru Mid June. About two weeks prior to the full OTA push, Verizon did a soak test with select users.

Based on the sequence of events that lead up to the 4.0.4 OTA, this is what I THINK will happen.

The GSM GNex got 4.1.1 Mid July and is still being OTA'd as people accept the update.
The Verizon GNex will probably start OTAing mid to late Aug thru mid to late Sep after a two week soak test.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is my analysis, you can take it however you like.

The GSM GNex got 4.0.4 starting late March thru Mid April.
The Verizon GNex got 4.0.4 starting Mid May thru Mid June. About two weeks prior to the full OTA push, Verizon did a soak test with select users.

Based on the sequence of events that lead up to the 4.0.4 OTA, this is what I THINK will happen.

The GSM GNex got 4.1.1 Mid July and is still being OTA'd as people accept the update.
The Verizon GNex will probably start OTAing mid to late Aug thru mid to late Sep after a two week soak test.
Gernerttl,have you been talking to my VZW rep source?:p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
gernertl's theory is fairly accurate, considering the past releases. However you can never factor out who's pumping out the OTA, Verizon. Like I've said before, they've botched this phone since the beginning and I think that trend will continue. I bought this phone to rely on the devs and their brains, not the brains at Verizon:p

gernerttl

Reaction score
gernertl's theory is fairly accurate, considering the past releases. However you can never factor out who's pumping out the OTA, Verizon. Like I've said before, they've botched this phone since the beginning and I think that trend will continue. I bought this phone to rely on the devs and their brains, not the brains at Verizon:p

Good point. I also didn't factor in a guy named Murphy who ALWAYS seems to screw things up. :biggrin:

Reaction score

verizon botches every phone up when it comes to updates. my bionic is a constant reminder lol

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh the Bionic. Glad I switched to the Nexus.

Motorola has to stop putting out phones every two months. As a person who makes cases for phones no way I'd make one for a Motorola product unless they stop the every two month deal. We need more than two months of sales to create a case.

Also it screws over the people who bought the last Motorola phone. The people who bought the RAZR saw the RAZR MAXX come out right after, near the same size double the battery etc..

Who would buy a RAZR then? Now they have the RAZR HD.

They need to make the best one and stick to it.