Jellybean on Rezound!

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Unofficial CM10.1 (JB-4.2.2) rom released.
Google now widget is sick.
Lock screen widget sick.

flamewalker

Reaction score
So tempted... Just hate having to re do all my apps and settings :p that's the only thing stopping me right now...

How's the battery usage on jb?

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
With the help of apps like titanium backup I can setup a new rom in about 30 min. Battery life is good Imo. I get a full days use with the extended battery that I bought on day one. Normally have 20-30% left at the end of the day and am constantly running gps, streaming my Google music through my bluetooth fm transmitter, also live in spotty 4G area that likes to drain battery. I bet if I bought a new oem extended battery it would show some improvement too, as this one is over a year old. Also underclocked which helps.

flamewalker

Reaction score
If I create a nandroid backup, wipe everything and load this rom, and it's too unstable for me, can I wipe everything again and reload from nandroid backup to my current rom (Nils Business sense)? Or would I need to load the current rom again and then restore?

Thanks!

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
If I create a nandroid backup, wipe everything and load this rom, and it's too unstable for me, can I wipe everything again and reload from nandroid backup to my current rom (Nils Business sense)? Or would I need to load the current rom again and then restore?

Thanks!

There shouldn't be any problems doing it the way you described. Just remember to flash the kernels in fastboot if your s-on.

kefler

Reaction score
+1

Awesome rom, so spoiled I couldn't even imagine going back to stock.

Can u guys tell me if you have the global options with this rom? i.e. GSM/UTMS vs CDMA/LTE modes and can set APN etc? I use the Global RUU right now with ICS.

flamewalker

Reaction score
I haven't tried it but there is a global patch you need to install after loading the rom. It's in the instructions.

I took the leap last night. So far I like... A tad glitchy but overall pretty smooth. Love the Google now works fully!

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I haven't tried it but there is a global patch you need to install after loading the rom. It's in the instructions.

I took the leap last night. So far I like... A tad glitchy but overall pretty smooth. Love the Google now works fully!

Also loving Google now. Eliminated several widgets off my home screen.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Jb is more glitchy than I'm used to but they are usually minor glitches... Not having to restart very often. The most annoying thing is sometimes when the system. Ui process glitches, I have to reset my wallpaper cause it zooms in.

Sometimes it graphically glitches for a second or two while opening Facebook... And will flash back and forth for a couple seconds before loading.

It seems to be notably better on standby for the battery. Screen time is about the same as stock for me... Other than the glitches, it feels really smooth most of the time.

Glad I made the investment of time!

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Jb is more glitchy than I'm used to but they are usually minor glitches... Not having to restart very often. The most annoying thing is sometimes when the system. Ui process glitches, I have to reset my wallpaper cause it zooms in.

Sometimes it graphically glitches for a second or two while opening Facebook... And will flash back and forth for a couple seconds before loading.

It seems to be notably better on standby for the battery. Screen time is about the same as stock for me... Other than the glitches, it feels really smooth most of the time.

Glad I made the investment of time!

I've never had the wallpaper issues, but I only use weather bug elite live wallpaper for my background. Also haven't updated my rom lately either, still on a February build. What home screen launcher are you using? I've been using apex.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Just the Jb launcher. I have to use another program to force it to post a static higher quality pic to my wallpaper other than the normal scrolling one (which annoys me).

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Just the Jb launcher. I have to use another program to force it to post a static higher quality pic to my wallpaper other than the normal scrolling one (which annoys me).

By another program do you mean another home screen launcher?