JellyBean Bug?? com.motorola.huxvmm.setting?? WTF??

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
Ever since the Verizon OTA of JB, I get an error everytime, I go into storage in the settings menu.

Doesn't matter, each time I got in there, it says "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.setting has stopped."

What the hell is that???

Stock phone, no root.

Also, how do I go back to ICS without rooting? JB=fail.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever since the Verizon OTA of JB, I get an error everytime, I go into storage in the settings menu.

Doesn't matter, each time I got in there, it says "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.setting has stopped."

What the hell is that???

Stock phone, no root.

Also, how do I go back to ICS without rooting? JB=fail.

Before you go off blaming all sorts of things and saying JB is a fail, try a few things first and also tell us what have you tried already.

Have you rebooted?
Have you cleared cache in stock recovery?
Have you tried factory data reset?

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
Before you go off blaming all sorts of things and saying JB is a fail, try a few things first and also tell us what have you tried already.

Have you rebooted?
Have you cleared cache in stock recovery?
Have you tried factory data reset?

First off. I'm not saying it is fail because of this error. There are a number of things, but mainly being that it isn't as smooth as ICS. That is what makes it fail. If it was as smooth ICS it wouldn't be an issue, but it isn't.

So is there a way to revert back to stock ICS without root? Is there a way to just rollback the update?? That would solve all issues.

I have rebooted holding power and volume down button.

where is stock recovery??? And sounds like I want to keep that if I want to revert back right?

Factory data reset??? don't know how. What will it erase and why do it?

Also, what is com.motorola.huxvmm.setting and what is it used for? I can't find any info about it.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To access stock recovery:

With the phone OFF; hold all three power/volume up/volume down buttons at the same time until you see white text. Scroll down to the "RECOVERY" option and hit the volume up key to select. When you get to the green open Android, hit both volume keys at the same time to bring up the menu. Scroll down to the "Clean Cache" option and use the power button to select.

Try this first.

If not, a factory reset should fix it, do the same as above, but hit "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" instead, and yes, this will delete everything on your phone (possibly the internal SD card to back that up).

There is a way to restore to ICS, but it also involves wiping the phone completely. Try the above first.

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
YUCK!! I just want ICS back :(

Thanks for the replies and information.

Why is the stock recovery there? What is it used for? And why clear the cache? What is the benefit??

Also what is the benefit of a full factory reset? I see no reason for ever doing that???

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
YUCK!! I just want ICS back :(

Thanks for the replies and information.

Why is the stock recovery there? What is it used for? And why clear the cache? What is the benefit??

Also what is the benefit of a full factory reset? I see no reason for ever doing that???

Cache are temp files that system and app use to recall certain functions faster. Sometimes they get messed up or the system or app goes to try and recall a cache file that is no longer there but is supposed to be and it throws errors, clearing cache forces the system/app to re-write fresh cache files and can fix little bugs here and there.

A full factory reset basically does the same thing but with EVERYTHING. Any and all data gets wipe off and the ENTIRE system is set to a stock standard defined by the system that goes untouched. This has been known to fix minors bugs and issues.

Reason: When you do a full system upgrade from one system to another while attempting to keep the users the data in tact, things tend to get moved around quite a bit in the upgrade process, sometimes this can cause little bugs if things don't get set back down properly the way it should. There are probably in infinite amount of possibilities in what can cause this.

And the recovery is there for a reason, and called a recovery for a reason, so you can recover your device if something software related breaks, such as in your case.

If in the end a factory reset won't work, we can walk you through the downgrade to ICS.

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
Thanks.

I understand what cache is. I just didn't know why "stock recovery" existed.

Thx for the info. I will give it a test.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I understand what cache is. I just didn't know why "stock recovery" existed.

Thx for the info. I will give it a test.

Yeah, it has its reasons, most of the regular users don't need it or need to know it exists lol

Let us know how it goes though!

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet, however in testing. I took the SD card out, reboot phone with volume down. Leave SD card out, the error doesn't happen. Put SD card in, error happens.

Only happens if SD card is in? Should I format the SD before clearing the cache?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you think and can prove it only happens with the SD card in, I would pull the files off the sd card and reformat it and see if the error persists.

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
I will give that a try because it is for sure related to the sd card.

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
If you think and can prove it only happens with the SD card in, I would pull the files off the sd card and reformat it and see if the error persists.

Yep, even after formatting card. error still comes up. As long as card is out of phone, error doesn't exist. But if card is in phone, error. And had card since day I had phone with no issues until JB update.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well lets try clearing the cache then, see how that works. Don't rule out a factory reset either just because you pin pointed the sd card as issue, it could still fix it.

calbrs04

Reaction score
Did you disable Sync Service or Verizon login? I had the same problem and I discovered that it happend because I had disabled both of these apps. This error pops-up when the phone can't read the Backup Assistant Plus storage. All you have to do is enable these two and you are good to go.

OP
T

thenicestguy24

Reaction score
Did you disable Sync Service or Verizon login? I had the same problem and I discovered that it happend because I had disabled both of these apps. This error pops-up when the phone can't read the Backup Assistant Plus storage. All you have to do is enable these two and you are good to go.

Holy smokes. Thanks a ton. That was the problem.

Verizon login disabled. Funny, it Never gave me any issues on ICS.