RSD Lite Error Kit Kat to Jelly Bean

DarkMan_X

Reaction score
I had Jelly Bean and downloaded the official KitKat update from XDA, it installed correctly but on bootup it seemed to be in a bootloop, left it alone after a while and it booted up on KitKat. Seems great right? Now I get random reboots and want to go back to JellyBean so I downloaded the older firmware and tried to flash it with RSD Lite. At first I got an error about getvar, googled it and was told to delete the getvar line from the xml and try again, did that and now I keep getting an error saying "Failed flashing process. 1/22 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone return failed" what should I do at this point? Can I not flash from KitKat back to JB or even ICS?

Edit: Forgot to mention this is a 100% Stock, never been rooted phone.

Last edited:

jspradling7

Reaction score
I don't have an M. But I think the bootloader and partitions get change when it goes up to KitKat. I don't think you can go back unless you can repartition and also get the old bootloader back somehow. I'd try to flash a KK ROM.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I had Jelly Bean and downloaded the official KitKat update from XDA, it installed correctly but on bootup it seemed to be in a bootloop, left it alone after a while and it booted up on KitKat. Seems great right? Now I get random reboots and want to go back to JellyBean so I downloaded the older firmware and tried to flash it with RSD Lite. At first I got an error about getvar, googled it and was told to delete the getvar line from the xml and try again, did that and now I keep getting an error saying "Failed flashing process. 1/22 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone return failed" what should I do at this point? Can I not flash from KitKat back to JB or even ICS?

Edit: Forgot to mention this is a 100% Stock, never been rooted phone.

if your bootloader is locked you cant downgrade by any means. re-flash the kk fxz to fix your phone.
if your bootloader is unlocked, edit the xml file and remove completely any lines containing getvar, gpt, and tz. once the gpt and tz partitions get updated they can not be downgraded, however the kk gpt and tz partitions should work with jb. thats why you need to delete them from the jb fxz.