Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's a question..if someone is on the Christmas leak JB and gets an invite..what would happen? Will it still try and push to the phone? If one were to accept it..what could happen..just a fail update? Inquiring mines want to know..

Normally I would say it will most likely fail as the updates (soak and otherwise), look for the previous version of the OS (.211), and if not found in its stock and pristine form (including all bloat and nothing added), it will not install.

That said, the survey offered 2 choices for the OS you are currently on...the .211 ICS and the JB leak. This confirms what I've said all along...they're going to have to support that leak since they pushed it in error. The soak is actually 2 different versions and you'll get the one which works with the version of OS you presently have installed, either ICS .211 or JB leak - 98.72.8

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did I make it back to.211? My phone still works, so that's a good thing. LOL

View attachment 60852

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Are you saying you went back from jelly bean leak to running .211 ICS? I'm using dual boot, so getting back is no problem for me, but I didn't think it was possible after installing the leak

I'm interested as well. From what I've learned and been told, only the HD can revert from Jelly Bean but the RAZR and MAXX can not. Yet they do list the JB leak as one of the options in the survey so they're obviously supporting it (as I've said all along).

Josh, I should have given dual boot a consideration. Still as I've said all along they're going to support those who had the Christmas Eve JB pushed to their phones, and the dual OS choices in the survey (so I'm told), proves it. When the update rolls out it will have to have a "fix" for those on the Christmas Eve JB leak.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I recall a thread that said those of us who were on .215 had to return to .211 or the forthcoming update would not work. Can someone point to the thread that has the instructions on how to do so? Thanks.

Stigasteve

Reaction score
I received the jb update on Christmas and is functioning fine, battery life is better than also...i hope the new update is 4.2 cuz there's nothing wrong with my jb at this point

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I received the jb update on Christmas and is functioning fine, battery life is better than also...i hope the new update is 4.2 cuz there's nothing wrong with my jb at this point

It won't be 4.2, it'll just be the finished version of what you have

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Josh we can dream though right!?!?! I am expecting 4.1.2 though.
Dreaming is fine, I actually never expected anything beyond ICS, so getting JB is a nice surprise, and if Motorola cuts us off at 4.1, I will have no regrets

Ut3jaw

Reaction score
It won't be 4.2, it'll just be the finished version of what you have

I have better battery life, smoother overall, but list my power control widget (and who knows what else) when i restored some apps yesterday. Hope i get that back.

helron

Reaction score
I agree. Rolled back .215 to. 211 and not as awful as I remembered:). Anyway,,FDR w clean stock is always a good thing. ICS soap notification to delivery was within 2 weeks. I hope the same is true for jelly bean.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I couldn't wait any longer and moved on to a Maxx HD!! I am surprised how much faster this phone is over the Maxx and I thought it was fast. I hope the new update goes well for everyone and they give you the circle widget for I love that widget a lot. Good luck everyone for I am hangin in the Maxx HD forum now.. :)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer and moved on to a Maxx HD!! I am surprised how much faster this phone is over the Maxx and I thought it was fast. I hope the new update goes well for everyone and they give you the circle widget for I love that widget a lot. Good luck everyone for I am hangin in the Maxx HD forum now.. :)

I already had the circle widget on ICS :) just installed the Razr M launcher and the correct apps. Also several custom roms have it

usmc111111

Reaction score
Will it matter if we got the leak and loaded it ourselves, is there anyway for them to know which 1 our phone is supposed to have or will the ota automatically send us the right file?