Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

HighFidelity

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to all of this. I've got a completely stock Razr Maxx. I definitely want to install the jelly bean update that has been floating around, and I saw the instructions posted on one of the other pages in this thread explaining how to do it. My questions is if I install jelly bean this way instead of waiting for the OTA, will all my download apps, contacts, texts, etc. still be there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to all of this. I've got a completely stock Razr Maxx. I definitely want to install the jelly bean update that has been floating around, and I saw the instructions posted on one of the other pages in this thread explaining how to do it. My questions is if I install jelly bean this way instead of waiting for the OTA, will all my download apps, contacts, texts, etc. still be there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you'll be fine... just pay special attention and be on the lookout for the step after the install, where the utility informs you that it's going to wipe your data. As the instructions say, you want to CLOSE the utility at this point... do not "press any key".

You shouldn't have any issues. I installed this way, and everything was intact for me.

In any event, wiping isn't the worst thing in the world either, if that is ever needed. You're going to automatically get your contacts back because they are stored in Gmail, and apps will re-download from the store. But again, you should be able to keep everything and start enjoying JB right away.

GotnFX

Reaction score
After my FDR I need help recovering all the apps I downloaded from the Play store. Any help?

You figure it out? Just like YelloEye said you should be able to swype to left and a screen name "All" with all your apps listed under "My Apps"

Krenzy

Reaction score
I did, thank you guys!! I went to the right area, just forgot I had to swipe to get to the right area. JB is definitely faster after the FDR.

HighFidelity

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. One more question...I just downloaded the file, do i leave it zipped before putting it on my sd card?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. One more question...I just downloaded the file, do i leave it zipped before putting it on my sd card?

Leave it zipped, and place it on the root of your EXT-SD card (make sure it's the external 16GB one)

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Man, this update is phenomenal! I've not been having the problems that others seem to be having like with WiFi and battery life. In fact, the battery life on my Maxx has been substantially better than the .215 "update". My battery meter is showing 80% after 18 hours of use....and for me, it has been more than the usual use with the holidays and the extra picture taking, face booking and calls. The counter should actualy show > 24h but I plugged it in to my car charger for about 10 minutes to see if there were any new features in vehicle mode.

So, if this pre-release (mistaken release) is any indication of the improvements we will see, and possibly some refinements on top of that, they nailed it in my book. My Maxx is like a new phone!

EDIT:

Several hours later.... still at 80% !!

Screenshot_2012-12-30-13-18-17.png

Screenshot_2012-12-30-13-18-26.png

David

Redalert

Reaction score
Man, this update is phenomenal! I've not been having the problems that others seem to be having like with WiFi and battery life. In fact, the battery life on my Maxx has been substantially better than the .215 "update". My battery meter is showing 80% after 18 hours of use....and for me, it has been more than the usual use with the holidays and the extra picture taking, face booking and calls. The counter should actualy show > 24h but I plugged it in to my car charger for about 10 minutes to see if there were any new features in vehicle mode.

So, if this pre-release (mistaken release) is any indication of the improvements we will see, and possibly some refinements on top of that, they nailed it in my book. My Maxx is like a new phone!

EDIT:

Several hours later.... still at 80% !!

David

I'm going to take the plunge in a few days. I'm actually really surprised i lasted this long. Ur post on the other hand making it hard. How hard red? Harder than a one legged guy, in an a** kicking contest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

GotnFX

Reaction score
Maybe it was in ics and I never notice it but on jb there is panoramic and multi shot in the stock camera app.. Tell me they are new in JB...

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Maybe it was in ics and I never notice it but on jb there is panoramic and multi shot in the stock camera app.. Tell me they are new in JB...

I think it was on ICS too. I'm looking at my camera right now (I'm on JB) and I don't see anything noticeably different. Can't say I used my camera all that much to remember what all was there.

I'll have to search around and figure out what all the new JB features are, since I'm still on the GO Launcher, which runs much faster now since I manually upgraded. It's only been a couple of days, so maybe it's too early to tell, but, I haven't had to run All-in-One Toolbox yet.

Mercennario

Reaction score
Has anybody had issues with JB? Also, do I have to be on Verizon in order for the droidlife download to work?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Has anybody had issues with JB? Also, do I have to be on Verizon in order for the droidlife download to work?

Some small quirks regarding duplication of photos, but otherwise it's awesome. And yes, the ROM is for Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2