Itunes App

andymellon4

Reaction score
I read somewhere that there was an itunes app that allowed you to download music from your itunes onto your droid

is this real or a hack?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i dont know about that but i do know of a program called doubletwist that allows you to drag and drop anything from your itunes library (photo's, music, video's, podcast) directly to just about any mobile device including android. I believe its available for windows and mac.

Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist

check this vid out...

[video=youtube;WtJXkUAHHY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtJXkUAHHY0[/video]

Last edited:

souljerr

Reaction score
I read somewhere that there was an itunes app that allowed you to download music from your itunes onto your droid

is this real or a hack?

Seems to be the real deal. I took a look at the site and there's a pretty good user community as well. I'll be adding this day 1.

leetbumble

Reaction score
If you are using iTunes and DRM-free media you should be able to move anything (via drag and drop) to the media storage area of your Droid.

If Droid takes off apple wont have a choice but to port iTunes to Droid.. They don't want Amazon.Mp3 to take that big of the market share. Though I do...

souljerr

Reaction score
If you are using iTunes and DRM-free media you should be able to move anything (via drag and drop) to the media storage area of your Droid.

If Droid takes off apple wont have a choice but to port iTunes to Droid.. They don't want Amazon.Mp3 to take that big of the market share. Though I do...

Interesting point. What about the songs downloaded through iTunes pre DRM free? Those won't play?

leetbumble

Reaction score
I don't know if they will play or not but there are a couple of solutions if they don't... *depends how dark your hat is.

1) buy new drm free songs... use Amazon MP3 store though iTunes works.
2) play your drm music and use a 3.5mm male-2-male cable to pipe your speaker output into a second computers input and have it save the recording.
3) try to find an app that can rip the files from drm to no-drm files saving both on your computer.
4) ..... [if you would use this option, you don't have a drm problem to begin with] ....

I suggest 1 or 2.

omnibus

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed doubletwist this morning. It finds everything on itunes except my audiobooks (audible type). I ran it several times today and I think the first or second time it listed audiobooks in my playlists but upon clicking it they did not appear.

Then, on successive tries it did'nt even list audiobooks in the playlists.

Ozman13

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if anyone can get the Motorola program to work with Windows 7. I got an error trying to install it and couldn't find any info if it was supported yet or my install just keeps bricking on my laptop for some reason...