Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls

jjmmhh

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on my 3rd G2, with 3 different sim cards, from two different Verizon locations, and they've all done this. I've been able to demonstrate it for Verizon store personnel and other people. The issue does not occur when I switch back to my old cell phone. Oh, on a store manager's suggestion, I've also tried going in to Settings --> Tethering & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> System Select --> Network mode --> and toggled through those options.

I'm hoping others will comment if they're having a similar issue so maybe Verizon/LG will look in to it.

Thanks!

P.S. I'll be posting on a few other boards. Apologies in advance for the dupes!

todroid

Reaction score
A couple of weeks using G2. No issues during calls, whatsoever. Very clear on Verizon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

JKZ

Reaction score
I've been using mine for a couple weeks now too. I've had no issues, calls are very clear on both ends and my reception is awesome.

OP
J

jjmmhh

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, folks. I've had a smattering of folks chime in with the same issue on other boards but we are, by far, in the minority. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I've read that some carriers may be more prone to this than others as well.

OP
J

jjmmhh

Reaction score
Hmmm... I guess I need to do some reading in the sections devoted to other carriers on other boards. Thanks!

OP
J

jjmmhh

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. We've got quite a lengthy thread going on another board with multiple people reporting this same issue. Just glad I'm not the only one!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

WolfR1

Reaction score
Ok I've seen this thread and thought little of it until a few days ago. Tried to get into voice mail and got something like this. Happened once and hasn't happened again nor before. I hung up and called VM again with no problems.