issues after update anyone? ??

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Just kidding, the new radios apparently do suck. I got stuck trying to send a text, lost all 4g, and switched to 3g and all seems fine. I turned 4g back on, but it froze up again after about an hour. Been on 3g since last night and haven't had any issues, so turning off 4g may be a temporary solution to those not interested in rooting. I haven't seen any need to root until this point, but the tide seems to be turning. Stupid Verizon Update. F'd up a perfectly awesome phone.

Bashlin

Reaction score
It's very easy to root the S3, just think of all the different ROM's you can run. You can also run stock Verizon Rom without all the bloat, that's what I am running now. You are in control not Verizon.

Sick of this pos phone, how do you root it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got great news today, my S3 died, the motherboard just went dead, Verizon is sending me another one, once I receive it, it will be rooted and unlocked. After the phone died of cardiac arrest, I called Samsung and was told it could have been from the update, should have stuck with my trusted ROM, but I am not the first from the dead motherboard sindrome, it has happened in the past from what she told me. Good thing the phone was still under manufacturers warranty, since I canceled my asurion last month, was sweating it. They said I will get a certified as new phone, yea, LOL. At least there is no deductible.

Reaction score
Anybody else have success stories (or nightmares) from the CLNR program? I've heard very mixed results on what build they are sending the replacements out with and have been holding out due to the fact that I just bought my S3 brand new six weeks ago. Don't want to replace if the replacement is going to have same issues.....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Received my certified as new S3 today, phone runs nice, no issues, the one thing I noticed it is running the last software with the older radios, tried to see if it would try to update to the latest Verizon Software update and it would not, looks like Verizon has pulled it, which is a good thing, till they get it working right. Now I will run the stock for a few days to make sure the phone is working as it should, then it's root and unlock time.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Anybody else have success stories (or nightmares) from the CLNR program? I've heard very mixed results on what build they are sending the replacements out with and have been holding out due to the fact that I just bought my S3 brand new six weeks ago. Don't want to replace if the replacement is going to have same issues.....

A while back I got a CLNR bionic. Worked great. Had no problems with it until I got the extended battery. Don't know why but my phone hated it. Those CLNR devices are almost brand new. Verizon does test them to make sure they work properly. They also look brand new. No dings, scratches or scuffs. What device are you looking at getting?

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk

1Fungi

Reaction score
I was reading through everyone's comments and wanted to let you know Verizon posted a fix at the bottom of the page here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/799719
It describes how to flash your version to the VRBMB1. You have to download the stock firmware and Odin. Working so far for me and my battery is not draining. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just wanted my S3 to work.....but the real frustration has been the utter contempt that Verizon Customer No Service has treated me while going through this issue. I have been lied to numerous times and they try to talk around the issues with excuses and then they get caught in their own double talk and deny deny deny....they may as well be politicians. But anyhow....I actually bought a week old S4 locally earlier today and gave in to VZW to sending the CLNR S3 which will be here tomorrow and I will just sell to offset what I spent on the S4. Wish I saw this step by step fix before all that happened though.

A while back I got a CLNR bionic. Worked great. Had no problems with it until I got the extended battery. Don't know why but my phone hated it. Those CLNR devices are almost brand new. Verizon does test them to make sure they work properly. They also look brand new. No dings, scratches or scuffs. What device are you looking at getting?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I just wanted my S3 to work.....but the real frustration has been the utter contempt that Verizon Customer No Service has treated me while going through this issue. I have been lied to numerous times and they try to talk around the issues with excuses and then they get caught in their own double talk and deny deny deny....they may as well be politicians. But anyhow....I actually bought a week old S4 locally earlier today and gave in to VZW to sending the CLNR S3 which will be here tomorrow and I will just sell to offset what I spent on the S4. Wish I saw this step by step fix before all that happened though.

Um selling the CLNR device is not a good idea. If for some reason Verizon finds damage on your other S3 they will require you to send the CLNR back or pay full retail price for the phone. Just a suggestion, wait about a month before you sell the CLNR.

debrad0307

Reaction score
From what I understand Verizon also pulled the last update due to all the issues.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
From what I understand Verizon also pulled the last update due to all the issues.

Not before I got it. I hate it. Battery sucks and so does having to switch back and forth manually between data and wifi and I lost 4g at my house. Go figure.

Bashlin

Reaction score
Phone #2 on the way now. They are shipping out build #1 now as its having no issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know how hard ir is to resist but I learned a couple years ago, on a tablet, not to rush to update until I see what other suckers, err people have to say about it first. ;);)

mike0164

Reaction score
I know how hard ir is to resist but I learned a couple years ago, on a tablet, not to rush to update until I see what other suckers, err people have to say about it first. ;);)

Usually, I abide by that rule. But thus far, I have not had issues with any updates from Verizon (hence I've not been enraged when they took their sweet time to roll out an update). This is the first time I've been bitten, and am anxious for a new update. I will keep my original phone for now, and hope it does not fry while waiting.

rogncincy

Reaction score
No problems here! Could be because I haven't received an update. With all the problems I'm reading about I think I'll just stick to 4.0 . The G3 Has been the best phone I have ever had!