Issue flashing SBF back to DX

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've done the process before, but for some reason, my DX doesnt' connect to the computer when I plug in my phone. No driver is loaded, its as if its not connected. On the phone, it shows I am connected via USB, but RSDLite doesnt' recognize it nor does it show up in my Device Manager. The only thing I can think of is that it may be my cable, but I've used it before for a ton of stuff. If its that, I'll just have to wait until I get back to work since that is where the cable is that came with the phone. Grrr...no phone for tonight. Thats what I get for trying to modify the framework.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that man. I know its not your cable. Cause if you plug the cable into your phone without it plugged into computer your phone shouldn't show a connection. Pretty sure it has to have power.

But I'm still new at the rsd and flashing, I still haven't had to do it. Sorry.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I also had issues with Win7 last time I had to use the SBF. I'll have to get a hold of a winxp machine at work. Worked flawlessly when I used winxp last time. OH well, either way, I'm doing it tomorrow i'm sure.

dakoop

Reaction score
And you did go into the correct recovery thing? Vol down and camera? Don't flame me just throwing it out

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TVC430

Reaction score
Did you try changing your USB settings? I have heard that several people have had to try changing to "charge only" or some other setting to get RSD Lite to work. Maybe uninstall and re-install the moto 32 or 64 bit drivers?

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its working now, at work with the cable that came with the phone. Serves me right for buying a cheat $2 cable off Amazon. I figured it was the cable as that is the only thing different since the last time I had to sbf. Thanks for the replies.

First I got an error, then remembered I forgot to put in the fixed .ini file. But yes, its going now and am happy it is =). Sucked not having my phone yesterday. Sucks even more I forgot to make a nandroid of my phone too. Last nandroid I did is kind of old. Oh well.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its working now, at work with the cable that came with the phone. Serves me right for buying a cheat $2 cable off Amazon. I figured it was the cable as that is the only thing different since the last time I had to sbf. Thanks for the replies.

Oh I didn't realize it was an aftermarket cable and not the one that came with it, lol.

Glad you got it going.

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just finished and it booted. Man, EWWWWW...forgot how bad blur looked. Been blurless for so long.