Can't SBF

imp3r10

Reaction score
I'm trying to SBF back to .340 so I can install the rooted GB but RSD wont let me.

I turn my phone off, plug it into the computer, the bootload screen comes up and says

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

on RSD it shows

S Flash OMAP3630 MI 1 USB N/A Connected...

I hit start but it fails almost immediately and says

Failed Flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected

What am I doing wrong?

I am on Win 7 x64 and I've used it on my friends DX with success

EDIT: also tried other USB ports and nothing helped.

And for some reason I keep getting errors trying to install RSD lite on my laptop

Last edited:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Ideas:
1) corrupted SBF file?
2) bad usb port or cable?
3) make sure rsd lite doesn't think your phone is your friends'?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dumb2droid

Reaction score
there is a long list of people who have problems with the RSD Lite on Windows 7 64bit, i'm not exactly sure where on the forums the thread is but there is a thread pertaining to just Win 7 64bit Rsd problems so use the search bar you should be able to find it

thankfully my RSD Lite worked fine regardless of the fact that i have Win7 64bit aswell

if all else fails just use XP

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
Ideas:
1) corrupted SBF file?
2) bad usb port or cable?
3) make sure rsd lite doesn't think your phone is your friends'?

1) I downloaded it from the link in the GB thread, but I will try again
2) tried several USB ports
3) what do you mean friends?

there is a long list of people who have problems with the RSD Lite on Windows 7 64bit, i'm not exactly sure where on the forums the thread is but there is a thread pertaining to just Win 7 64bit Rsd problems so use the search bar you should be able to find it

thankfully my RSD Lite worked fine regardless of the fact that i have Win7 64bit aswell

if all else fails just use XP

the thing is that I already used it once with my friends DX when he bricked it but I did redownload another .sbf

I'll try and find this forum

johnny9374

Reaction score
try putting the sbf file in your documents folder dunno why but one time i tried to sbf and it wouldnt let me someone suggested that and it worked

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
try putting the sbf file in your documents folder dunno why but one time i tried to sbf and it wouldnt let me someone suggested that and it worked

i'll try that later

why would it stop working now if i have used this program before without any changes

Strothmann

Reaction score
I had the same problem yesterday. i fixed it by upgrading to rsd lite 4.9

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
I had the same problem yesterday. i fixed it by upgrading to rsd lite 4.9

tried that and didnt work

i tried to install it on my school laptop but i keep getting error code 2203, so i tried on my friends thinking it was the school privilidge restrictions but it installed on his

i hate when **** works when you don't need it but doesn't when you do need it

Strothmann

Reaction score
yeah i know the feeling, maybe try running as admin, I flashed back last night on xp and windows 7 64 bit last night just fine after upgrading. also check the cable could be bad.

izzo540

Reaction score
I think I got you on this one, and I registered an account and made this my first post just because I had the same problem and really wanted answers.

I just SBF'd today after bricking my phone with Team Black Hats zip flashes. I know that it seems super convenient and whatever, but things downloading over my phones wifi with all the things I run sometimes I feel they get interrupted.. And that one missing billionth of a zillionth of a bite throws off the whole process.. So I try to download things over the computer as much as I can I feel its more reliable connection wise.

Anyways, I used team black hats .zip to drop back to unrooted .340 as I was told I should do in order to run team black hats GingerBreadRoot .zip after that. Well after all was said and done, when I installed gingerbread from bootloader after rerooting my phone on a freshly installed .340, it dropped me into a bootloader after the red motorola M came on.. Indicating that the gingerbread took but that there was an issue somewhere in the startup.. Eventually I gave up cause the phone wouldn't boot into recovery or anything and I ended up doing the same thing as you looking to SBF.. Well apparently somethings going down here thats causing a problem with RSD lite..

Heres what I did:

Turn the phone to a bootloader, check the status make sure everythings okay
Connect the phone to the computer make sure no drivers start installing
Put the SBF into your C:/ directory, only C:/ So its basically C:/SBFfile.sbf
Now go into your motorla C:/Program Files/Motorola/RSD Lite:
Find any logs, Flash error logs. Flex logs. Anything that is a log, and delete all of them.

Run RSD lite as an administrator.
Try the SBF process from the C:/ drive.

IF it doesnt work:
There is an error in the software that causes a problem with long name SBF files, some kind of simplistic programming error.
Remember everytime there is an issue to go back to your RSD lite directory and delete all logs.
If you didn't get it to work after the initial log deletes, and its still giving you problems
Rename the SBF to a1.sbf
Try the process again

Rinse and repeat [Clean the directory of logs, close software open it back up Try to SBF again]

IF this doesnt work a12.sbf

Rinse and repeat

so on and so forth, you will usually only make it to 8-10, that was what I had to do, eventually the SBF takes with one of the names, make sure you constantly delete the logs there is some kind of character rejection and you need to match the name with a certain length requirement specific to your computer.. i hope this helps.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
There is a much less painful way to do this. Win7 x64 was not working out for me so I used Linux. I had never used Linux before but followed a tutorial by maderschramm on here. Worked perfectly first try. Just another option. (Sorry I don't have the link for the tut as I am on my phone, but search for maderschramm... I think that's how to spell it lol)

OP
I

imp3r10

Reaction score
There is a much less painful way to do this. Win7 x64 was not working out for me so I used Linux. I had never used Linux before but followed a tutorial by maderschramm on here. Worked perfectly first try. Just another option. (Sorry I don't have the link for the tut as I am on my phone, but search for maderschramm... I think that's how to spell it lol)

I will try that

Sent from Liberated DX

timelord

Reaction score

Isn't android based off linux? So yeah sbf using linux is easier, no windows drivers to screw things up. dancedroid

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Isn't android based off linux? So yeah sbf using linux is easier, no windows drivers to screw things up. dancedroid

You are correct sir :)