Reverting Back To 2.1

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by dieselpowered, Aug 31, 2010.

1. bharkin

bharkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I should boot into Bootstrap Recovery, wipe data/cache, THEN bootloader and reflash with the sbf. Right?

Also, if you are having troubles with RSD in Win7, go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>MOTOROLA DRIVER INSTALLER and use the middle option, Clean and reinstall. It takes a little time, but well worth the results. And make sure you run BOTH as an ADMIN!

#13 bharkin, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thats what I would do... However if you don't wipe first, and then do the SBF flash the phone will hang on the "M" on reboot, I have read that some people have gotten past this by pulling the battery and reseting a few times, eventually it works BUT... going from 2.2 to 2.1 I ALWAYS wipe because there is usually some things installed that worked fine for 2.2, but are not supported in 2.1, so you may end up with trouble later on.

3. bharkin

bharkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that was exactly the problem I had when I tested going back to 2.1, only I pulled the battery 12 times and no change. I ended up wiping data and reflashing a second time, but things didn't work very well. I think that if I had wiped first then flashed, I would have been better off. Now I know. Should I wipe data whenever I flash to a new version? I kinda liked that I still had all of my stuff when I went from 2.1 to 2.2.

4. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, unless your told to in the instructions for the new version. Most are made to "update" to the newer version. But like I said in the previous post, when your down grading the best thing to do is wipe/clear because somethings that are designed to work with the newest version are not supported by the older version. I hope that makes sense.

5. bharkin

bharkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Makes complete sense, thanks.

Search tags for this page

how to revert back to 2.1 on motorola xt502?

power on with pressing volume down

revert to previous operating system htc