Is this how its supposed to be?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
so now, 25-30 minutes in, its down to 90% still have data turned off....

Yeah... try the reboot... and see what happens.. looks like a CLNR is in your future :( sorry

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
30 mins, and using 10% without data on... you have a bad battery..

You already did a factory reset?

If you're willing, go into privacy, uncheck the backup and the restore boxes and then do another factory data reset... .. I've done two on both of my maxx's since ics...

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
It could be... reboot your phone Chelsea, hold power and volume down.. until the device turns off.. then use it for 20 mins, take another screen shot and post it please :D

But since it didn't drop after 10 mins of use without data on... that says to me that its using a lot of battery to get to the towers... both of mine do that when I'm at home... but we'll narrow this down..

If you're willing to play along with us Chelsea :D

is it normal for the time to restart every time my phone is plugged in or rebooted? i plugged it in for maybe 2 minutes earlier to upload the screen shot and it restarted.
now it restarted when i rebooted.

Are you in an area with a strong 4G signal? Or does it go back and forth from 3G to 4G?

i'm in Fort Collins, CO. i don't exactly know if it goes back and forth, usually i don't pay attention.
but i know at home my signal is worse than when i'm at work because i live in a basement.

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
30 mins, and using 10% without data on... you have a bad battery..

You already did a factory reset?

If you're willing, go into privacy, uncheck the backup and the restore boxes and then do another factory data reset... .. I've done two on both of my maxx's since ics...

do i need to check the internal storage box? =[

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I live in a basement too, with solid concrete walls and steel/concrete ceiling. My signal goes back and forth from 3G to 4G, and I am in a metropolitan area.

94lt1 can weigh in on this too, just for the purpose of being certain and exhausting all possibilities before going back to Verizon with it. But you might try using an app like "LTE On/Off" to see if it's the signal bouncing back and forth eating on the battery... at least long enough to see if it makes a difference ... it improved mine somewhat when I started using it.

94lt1? What's your thoughts on this? :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
is it normal for the time to restart every time my phone is plugged in or rebooted? i plugged it in for maybe 2 minutes earlier to upload the screen shot and it restarted.
now it restarted when i rebooted.

i'm in Fort Collins, CO. i don't exactly know if it goes back and forth, usually i don't pay attention.
but i know at home my signal is worse than when i'm at work because i live in a basement.

A mountain gal :) I'm from montana originally :) my uncle lives there... how ya holding up from those fires?

No, you've already done a factory data reset???

I would say boot into safe mode.. but I think this is is a new phone situation..

Call vzw and explain all the trouble shooting you've done, and request another device... this is a warranty situation...

You haven't gotten it wet or anything like that have you??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
do i need to check the internal storage box? =[

Yes... that way it does a clean wipe..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
keeping the signal on 3g will for sure save battery . 4g in itself is a battery hog . then you add the fact it has to fight for its signal . it will help. but dropping 10% with data off in 30 min seems ridiculous .. even fighting for signal should not drop that fast . my tbolt made better battery life:blink:. i would try another factory reset and hope for the best . dont install any apps ands see what happens . you may have an app pushing data constantly for ads and such. but i doubt it

edit or like 94lt1 stated may be time to throw in the towel and get a CLNR.

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
A mountain gal :) I'm from montana originally :) my uncle lives there... how ya holding up from those fires?

No, you've already done a factory data reset???

I would say boot into safe mode.. but I think this is is a new phone situation..

Call vzw and explain all the trouble shooting you've done, and request another device... this is a warranty situation...

You haven't gotten it wet or anything like that have you??

i did do a factory reset after switching to ICS.
i don't believe its been wet, maybe a little rain but not submerged in anything.
i dont have insurance, will that affect anything? i've NEVER had to have insurance cause i'm really good with phones.

UGH!

and i'm holding up good.. we've had lots of rain finally so its been helping!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i did do a factory reset after switching to ICS.
i don't believe its been wet, maybe a little rain but not submerged in anything.
i dont have insurance, will that affect anything? i've NEVER had to have insurance cause i'm really good with phones.

UGH!

and i'm holding up good.. we've had lots of rain finally so its been helping!

do moisture indicators show getting wet ? water is evil to electronics

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my bad it behind the non removable battery door .

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless someone knows of another. i dont have one so i cant help on that

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
Yeah... try the reboot... and see what happens.. looks like a CLNR is in your future :( sorry

ok so now that everything is wiped, what all should i do?
what should i turn off, leave on?
add or not add?