Is this a good start?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I heard that liberty is like the number one best rom for droid x. With that said, would you guys agree? This will be my very first rom that I would be using, and would like to ask questions if could answer that would make my day.

1.If I installed that custom bootstrap, how hard would it be to uninstall if needed to?

2.When flashing a rom, I must wipe it clean or it will be laggy?

3.In this rom can I change the option if I want to take off transparent? Like I just want a black drop down menu.

4.Will I lose root,overclock settings, as well as all of my apps since I have to wipe clean everything?

5.Does this rom have much blur?

6.Is it true that roms save battery life? If so, will this one?

7.I saw on youtube when you wipe clean to go back to stock or another rom, the boot logo will stay as liberty. How would I fix this?

8.Will my notifications still work as stock would, and will it mess with the light flow app? Light flow is fire changing led color of certain notifications.

9.Has anyone experience any bug in this app that would annoy me or hurt my phone that maybe could brick it?

10. When flashing a rom, such as this one, is it a possibility you can brick your phone?

11.What would you rate this rom above all others, and if rate low, what do you think is better to use that gives you tons of customization?

12.Will my market not auto update?

Thanks for reading! Um if could maybe direct me to the latest update of liberty please.

Sent from my DROIDX

turdbogls

Reaction score
I heard that liberty is like the number one best rom for droid x. With that said, would you guys agree? This will be my very first rom that I would be using, and would like to ask questions if could answer that would make my day.

1.If I installed that custom bootstrap, how hard would it be to uninstall if needed to?
it is simple...buy why would you want to delete it..the DX has tons of room for apps

2.When flashing a rom, I must wipe it clean or it will be laggy?
correct

3.In this rom can I change the option if I want to take off transparent? Like I just want a black drop down menu.
not in the rom itself, but it is simple enough to change the drop down screen to a solid color

4.Will I lose root,overclock settings, as well as all of my apps since I have to wipe clean everything?
Root, NO
other settings, yes, however google will backup all your app downloads and re-download them when you sign into the new ROM. titanium backup is a good tool to use to backup apps that you have saved data in like games and overclock settings, once the apps are downloaded, you can restore the data and settings from those apps.

5.Does this rom have much blur?
Zero Blur, however some blur can be added back in through the liberty tools app included with the rom.

6.Is it true that roms save battery life? If so, will this one?
not necessarily true, i find this to be on par with the stock ROM

7.I saw on youtube when you wipe clean to go back to stock or another rom, the boot logo will stay as liberty. How would I fix this?
you can manually place a bootanimation.zip into the data/local folder or you can download one of the many boot animation installer apps from the market

8.Will my notifications still work as stock would, and will it mess with the light flow app? Light flow is fire changing led color of certain notifications.
notifications act the same...no change here

9.Has anyone experience any bug in this app that would annoy me or hurt my phone that maybe could brick it?
Brick it..not a chance.
i really havn't noticed any bugs that annoy me so you should be good....i am picky

10. When flashing a rom, such as this one, is it a possibility you can brick your phone?
there is always a possibility, but we have a pretty fail safe way of doing it...follow directions, contact me if you have any concerns. all else fails, we have a few other ways to get back to stock if you mess something up...very hard to brick these phones completely.

11.What would you rate this rom above all others, and if rate low, what do you think is better to use that gives you tons of customization?
i would rate it about a 9 (always room for improvement) but it is VERY solid, never crashes on me, tons of options, tons of themes. it just works

12.Will my market not auto update?
it will. the market wont change from what you currently are using

Thanks for reading! Um if could maybe direct me to the latest update of liberty please.
Sure, latest version is 1.5. when a new version is out, it will be stickied at the top of this forum.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...an-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html

Sent from my DROIDX

answers above. enjoy and send me a PM if you are not sure about something else or want me to hold your hand through an install :)

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
You are the best, thanks sooo much for answering all of my questions. You said my market won't push updates, then how would I get the latest update? As well as no blur, some people say you need blur or your phone will crash. Is that true, and if so is there a way to get blur for this rom?

P.s
I may try this, so if I do, I'm gonna pm you and ask for your IM name.

Sent from my DROIDX

brenneisec

Reaction score
You are the best, thanks sooo much for answering all of my questions. You said my market won't push updates, then how would I get the latest update? As well as no blur, some people say you need blur or your phone will crash. Is that true, and if so is there a way to get blur for this rom?

P.s

Sent from my DROIDX

your market will push updates. he meant it will work the same way it is now meaning you will always get the latest updates. having no blur in this rom will not brick or make your phone crash. having certain blur applications is left to the user which is whats great about the liberty toolbox which lets you install a few blur apps if that was your preference

turdbogls

Reaction score

P.s

Sent from my DROIDX

my answer to your market question was meant to say 'yes, you will get app updates just as you are currently" sorry for the confusion

as for the Blur....the Devs have worked around that, this rom WORKS right out of the "box' without any blur. it may be there in the background somewhere, but not where we can see it. the liberty toolbox that is included in the ROM will allow you to install the blur camera, blur desk clock, blur (2d)gallery, FM radio, and blur music apps.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Ok that just about does it, but 2 more questions I have to ask. I noticed the toolbox has a change notification bar. Will this let me change to solid black like I want? Adw launcher works yes?

Sent from my DROIDX

turdbogls

Reaction score
Adw works fine with this and any other rom you may try.

The status bar changer in toolbox only changes the Verizon text in the pulldown to whatever you want it to say.

To change the actual status bar color our icons you can use ninja morph or metamorph from the market.

This message was probably sent from the can

Zayy

Reaction score
Liberty is ****ing beautiful!!!!! :))

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Ok, well, I just made my first backup with bootstrap. I guess I'm gonna try this out... I pmed you turdbolgs asking for a IM screen name. I sorta wanna have someone to walk me through lol..

Edit:
If I wipe/clean this phone and have the .zip on the sd will not it clear it?

Edit2:
I have the .zip but don't wanna attempt until I understand this. Please be fast with the replies. :p

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Ok, well, I just made my first backup with bootstrap. I guess I'm gonna try this out... I pmed you turdbolgs asking for a IM screen name. I sorta wanna have someone to walk me through lol..

Edit:
If I wipe/clean this phone and have the .zip on the sd will not it clear it?

Edit2:
I have the .zip but don't wanna attempt until I understand this. Please be fast with the replies. :p

Wiping the data/cache does not touch your sd card at all. In fact, the sd card is where the bootstrap backup stores your backup.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Great so just place .zip in the sdcard folder and that will be it? Like a update.zip sorta of?

Sent from my DROIDX

turdbogls

Reaction score
First things first, make sure you are on system version 2.3.340.... If not, do an OTA from verizon. You will have to re root and do another backup. If you are on 2.3.340 you are asl set to follow the below instructions.

Place the .zip on the sd card, I make a "Rom" folder and put them in that.
Bootstrap recovery then reboot recovery.
Once in clockwork, wipe data, then wipe cache.
Go down to choose.zip from sd card
Choose .zip
Navigate to the rom folder and select the liberty .zip
And select ok

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thank you turdbogls

turdbogls I want to thank you for walking me slowly through this. I know we had problems seeing text at times, but you always got it working again.: )

Thank you, because of you I am now running liberty 1.5 on my phone!!!!
I owe it all to you, starting with you answering all of my questions to the installing the rom. : )

Edit:
How do I now install my regular camera and video camera, as well as maybe my alarm clock?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Guess you didnt get my last one. Liberty tools app, app management, install app add ons and they will be in there

Glad to help...just pm me or something if you have any other questions

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Everything is working and got done resetting my desktop and I gotta say wow at the speed compare to stock. Few things I need tho. Dlna, media share, and the add a liberty theme not working. Also would like to change boot animation to the droid x sorta like pro.

Sent from my DROIDX