Installing [ROM] LIBERTY 3 V2.0

HoppingZombie

Reaction score
Can someone please guide me in Installing [ROM] LIBERTY 3 V2.0 from Liberty Gingerbread 0.8 without any hickups? Im really bad with roms and I've bricked my phone multiple times and have had to call in to get a new phone about 2x already, if you could please explain what to do it would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS!!!!

Savagerun

Reaction score
Your best bet is to get yourself updated to. 605
Do a sbf to 602 using the 1KDS 602 iso found in this link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...g/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html after the sbf you can take the OTA update to get you on. 605 Then root that with the d3 one click root also found in that link. There's videos in the link to show you how to sbf and root. Once rooted get droid 2 bootstrap and make a nandroid backup of your rooted 605 then install liberty. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10655-rom-liberty3-v20-for-the-droid-x-1128-sunday-bloody-sunday/

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
H

HoppingZombie

Reaction score
System Version: 4.5.596.MB810.VERIZON.EN.US
Model Number: DROIDX
Android Version: 2.3.3
Liberty Version: Liberty GB v0.8

so i download the "1KDS 602 iso file" ??? and SBF using that?

clueless77

Reaction score

Well as you are already on ginger bread you could have simply restored your stock rooted backup and taken the OTA update to .605, rerooted and flasehed liberty 3 2.0

BAD ASS X

Savagerun

Reaction score

In the link you'll see where it says 1KDS bootable 602 iso "YAY". Well that's the link to check out. There's a video there also on how to do it. It's quick and easy.

OP
H

HoppingZombie

Reaction score
Okay. So can i use to "full gingerbread 2.3.3 4.5.602 all in one updater available from the ROM TOOLBOX?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Off topic but has anyone had success using Rom manager? I've only managed it with bootstrapper thus far.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
Okay. So can i use to "full gingerbread 2.3.3 4.5.602 all in one updater available from the ROM TOOLBOX?

I've never used anything in rom toolbox even though i purchased it and rom manager i purchased along time ago because i thought i needed it to install roms but quickly figured out i didn't so haven't bothered with it since. I prefer installing roms manually. Zombie you can try to do what clueless suggested if you have a nandroid backup of your stock rooted 596. You can restore it then see if the ota605 will update for you. If for whatever reason it fails you'll have to do the 602 sbf. It would be a good idea to learn how to sbf because at some point you will need to do it. Once you do it you'll see how simple it actually is. I've never used the all in one updater your referring to so i can't give you any advice on it. Do yourself a favor and learn how to sbf. Good luck...

clueless77

Reaction score
I've never used anything in rom toolbox even though i purchased it and rom manager i purchased along time ago because i thought i needed it to install roms but quickly figured out i didn't so haven't bothered with it since. I prefer installing roms manually. Zombie you can try to do what clueless suggested if you have a nandroid backup of your stock rooted 596. You can restore it then see if the ota605 will update for you. If for whatever reason it fails you'll have to do the 602 sbf. It would be a good idea to learn how to sbf because at some point you will need to do it. Once you do it you'll see how simple it actually is. I've never used the all in one updater your referring to so i can't give you any advice on it. Do yourself a favor and learn how to sbf. Good luck...

Amen to all of that, SBF is a very useful tool I've only done it about 100 times

BAD ASS X

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
SBF is definitely your friend. Essential when you install a lockscreen that doesn't unlock =p