Is there such a thing as STOCK GB for X?

csimo

Reaction score
I've never used anything but the standard MotoBlur ROM on my X and since Gingerbread it just gets worse and worse.

Is there such a thing as a standard Android ROM for the Droid X? No Blur, no themes, nothing but what Google delivers?

Sorry I don't know much about ROMs so sorry if I don't get it.

-Joe

right now there is no stock gingerbread, but apex is pretty close as is liberty, although it is themed and tweaked a little more than apex.

right now there is no stock gingerbread, but apex is pretty close as is liberty, although it is themed and tweaked a little more than apex.

Thanks for the reply. I've not tried either one, but they both look like they have non-stock themes.

I miss stock Android, and I think many of the problems with the X are caused by the layers of MotoBlur.

the theme out of the box for apex is the stock gingerbread black and green and they are both mostly blurless except for the things they need to run. also check out zombiestomped pretty much the same story there.

stock droid x's are awful awful phones.
you really should root and rom it, its like a new world.

Stock droid x's are great phones. They have proven to be very popular...

he's not asking for stock droid x gingerbread but rather stock gingerbread for the x, as in vanilla gb straight from google.

Uh, my stock X works just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

That's good that you like your stock phone. The people who mod, like me, find stock boring, glitchy and annoying. The aftermarket has fixes for Motorola's short comings for the most part, except for the bootloader (there is only a hack)

sent from my ZombieStomped X

I believe apex 2.0rc2 quick should be released tomorrow maybe is going to be 100% blurless from what I understand.

RC1 if pretty much blur free and of sport stacked for me with great battery life

This message was probably sent from the can

Uh, my stock X works just fine.

That's good that you like your stock phone. The people who mod, like me, find stock boring, glitchy and annoying. The aftermarket has fixes for Motorola's short comings for the most part, except for the bootloader (there is only a hack)

sent from my ZombieStomped X

I liked my X stock. Didn't seem glitchy it lagged alot with the ota update but thats about it
Only reason I'm rooted and have a new ROM is because I didn't want my phone to lag.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Another vote for Apex - it's as close as you can get to stock/AOSP GB on your X. Since we can't flash custom kernels due to Motorola's locks on the device, you won't be able to ever get true stock though. But definitely give Apex a try, it's an excellent ROM. There's supposed to be a new version coming out today though so you might want to wait for that :)

Yes there is actually a pure stock, just take the OTA

Back