Rumored 2.2.1 Droid X Update

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
The Roms you are running will always run better than an OTA. I caution against any OTA until the developers pull it apart to make sure no new security measures are hidden inside. If there is anything good in an OTA the developers will include it in their Roms, the OTA's are almost always leaked before release anyway so the developers have a heads up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cruckus

Reaction score
New bootloader and new bloatware sounds like fun! Haha

Aohus

Reaction score
The Roms you are running will always run better than an OTA. I caution against any OTA until the developers pull it apart to make sure no new security measures are hidden inside. If there is anything good in an OTA the developers will include it in their Roms, the OTA's are almost always leaked before release anyway so the developers have a heads up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

uh, thats not entirely true. just because its a ROM doesn't make it automatically better than OTA. IN fact, I've used ROMs that faired worst when it comes to battery life. The coding on some ROMs are not even up to par with some respect.

Using stock OTA is still great for use. One can remove bloatware by using root explorer as well and renaming the .apk's to .bak.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
IMO, wait for the ROM you are using to be updated for the current OTA and if you want it, flash back and use the updated ROM. Unless the OTA is magical, I'm not going to update. ASOP > OTA and a new bootloader to me isn't that big of a deal.