is there keyguard override?

snappingfish

Reaction score
I bought LockDelay, but ended up uninstalling. What I would like is an app that will simply allow me to open the Droid to the 'desktop' by just pushing the wake button and without having to slide the keyguard lock over. If there is no exact app, then it would be nice if I were able to set the time between the last usage, and the go to sleep mode, also.

I have set the 'Screen timeout' in settings to 5 minutes, but it still goes to timeout after about 2 minutes, even though I have set the timeout for 5 minutes several times.

NOTE: I have Advanced App Killer installed.......is THAT interfereing with the 5 minute setting?

TIA

SF.

rjax

Reaction score
Have you tried myLock? Possibly with the idle lock add-on?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried myLock? Possibly with the idle lock add-on?

Beat me to it! +1 for myLock. I've had it for a while now and making the phone wake only with the power button (and never by opening the keyboard) is one of the options. Try it out, it's free in the Market.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought LockDelay, but ended up uninstalling. What I would like is an app that will simply allow me to open the Droid to the 'desktop' by just pushing the wake button and without having to slide the keyguard lock over. If there is no exact app, then it would be nice if I were able to set the time between the last usage, and the go to sleep mode, also.

I have set the 'Screen timeout' in settings to 5 minutes, but it still goes to timeout after about 2 minutes, even though I have set the timeout for 5 minutes several times.

NOTE: I have Advanced App Killer installed.......is THAT interfereing with the 5 minute setting?

TIA

SF.

Sorry, missed the screen timeout question before. Choose the 5 minute setting (or whatever you want) for the screen time out. Then as soon as you've set it, reboot the phone and it should stay. Don't know why this works, but I stumbled on it way back when and it worked, so I've shared it with others having the same issue and it seems to work for everyone. Hope that helps! :D

toastedoats

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about myLock, usually worked great, but still really glitchy

right now I have Keyguard Disabler installed and it works perfect

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about myLock, usually worked great, but still really glitchy

right now I have Keyguard Disabler installed and it works perfect

Well, that's the beauty of the Market. Try out an app and see what works for you and your personal needs! :D

toastedoats

Reaction score
To be fair, I havent used myLock since Beta1 first hit the market, which is now 4 versions old, I can not say for the newest version/s

lterry913

Reaction score
or try screen mode widget...lets you open to home screen with phone unlock button, camera button, or voice toggle when set to.