1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Backlight Timeout NEVER Saves

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by slinky, Mar 9, 2010.

1. slinky

slinky New Member

The most annoying aspect of my droid is the backlight timeout in settings NEVER saving indefinitely and being lost after some activity I cannot explain. Every day at least 3-4 times I'll have the screen timeout almost instantly. Why? Because after setting it for 1 minute or 30 seconds, something in the phone deletes the settings (especially after home crashes) and then it's set to nothing by default which I think is like 5-10 seconds or something absurdly short. I don't know if others have this problem but it is infuriating having to reset the timeout in the settings numerous times each day.
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Are you using any apps like screebl?
  3. slinky

slinky New Member

I got rid of screebl. Nothing else I know is controlling the backlight. It works perfectly but the problem is something keeps deleting the settings periodically, perhaps it gets nailed by the reset, the home app crashing, whatever. I don't even have any home screens.
Search tags for this page

display timeout setting keeps changing 10 minutes

droid 4 backlight time

why does backlight time keep changing to default android

why does my galaxy s4 backlight not time out