Screen Timeout

jmed99

Reaction score
I like my screen timeout to be set at 2 minutes but it seems like that setting gets changed very frequently on this phone and I have to go in and select 2 minutes every time it is changed. Not sure what is changing it....sometimes to 15 secs and sometimes to 1 minute.

How can I force the screen timeout to be 2 minutes all the time...not just part of the time and not until some app changes it but all the time? I'm tired of having to change it back to 2 minutes all the time.

Thanks for your help!

:)

JayMonster

Reaction score
The only way to "ensure" the screen timeout doesn't change is to find the application that is changing it and uninstall that application. This is basically sloppy programming at work. Some apps by their nature force the phone to not go to sleep, but rather than finding out what the user has it set for and changing it back to that when it is done, it reverts it to the "default" Since it is part of the API, the only way to prevent it, is to not have an app installed that changes it.

mloewen

Reaction score
Mine is also randomly changing the screen time out. It usually goes to 15 sec or it seems even shorter than that. (like 3 seconds) How do you determine if an app is causing this?

Dejavoo

Reaction score
Sound like you either have an app that is forcing it to change or you got a lemon phone. I've read these forums quite often and this is the first I've seen of this problem. What kind of apps to you have???

JayMonster

Reaction score
Mine is also randomly changing the screen time out. It usually goes to 15 sec or it seems even shorter than that. (like 3 seconds) How do you determine if an app is causing this?

15 seconds would be an app (this is the minimum setting). 3 seconds would be a problem.

Apps that "do not allow the phone to sleep" are the ones I would look to being the possible cuplrit as they need to change the sleep state in order to force the phone to not sleep. Now a properly behaving app would restore things as the phone was before, but a lazy written or misbehaving app may just reset it it to the default. So that is where I would start.

blackbird2150

Reaction score
So, my timeout on my X doesn't seem to work. I set it to 30 seconds and it stays that way. I turn off the phoen and turn it back on, and the setting has been cleared.

Anyone else having these issues?

My other X works just fine.