Is there a Bluetooth earpiece that doesn't look stupid?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just a concept, and probably doesn't count as hands-free, but still a cool concept nonetheless: bluetooth rings!

images

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OMG...I thought this was an April Fool's joke. I had to go find several sources to convince myself it was real. How freaking amazing.

The ORB has some links saying they thought it would be released this early this year but their website now indicates late this year. I've been waiting 2 years for the guitar hero game that uses a real guitar and teaches you how to play too so we'll see if this comes to pass or not. Definitely cool as it looks like it will be offered in various ring sizes, will be water proof etc. Of course, your phone needs to be close enough for it to work if you're in the water. It would let you keep your phone safe and dry in a secure watertight box while being able to use it though.

Now the first part, with bluetooth timepieces in my ear....that was a joke:)

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've been waiting 2 years for the guitar hero game that uses a real guitar and teaches you how to play too so we'll see if this comes to pass or not. Definitely cool as it looks like it will be offered in various ring sizes

I'd like to see some pictures of it being worn. Probably a non-issue for women, but if it looks too Criss Angel on a man, I'll pass.

And I'm learning guitar right now, too. It's not easy.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
but I hate when some strangers talking on one and they like burst out "OH hi" while their looking right at you and you dont see the blue tooth headset right away and yer like wtf are you in yer head and reluctantly say hi then you notice the headset and feel like an ass..

Heh, yeah. I was taking some classes last year at the college. One of the guys in the class was my age (40's). So we're sitting outside the room before class and this group of hot young babes walks by and he says "Well, HELLO!"

Everyone, including the girls, thought this balding old guy was hitting on them, when in fact he had just called his wife on his Bluetooth. :)

i do this to people intentionally. any time i catch someone "talking to themselves", i answer their questions, reply to their comments, etc.. it's kinda fun. they typically get annoyed, but i was annoyed to begin with.. so at least it's mutual. ;)