Is the s3 going to go down the toilet now that Samsung lost to apple??

bar99

Reaction score
My S3 is my first smartphone and I absolutely love it. So I guess I am a google/android fan and I want to to see them do well. However, th fierce competition in this market has rewsulted in great benefit to us the consumers. It's good to have choices and options.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
per dictionary.com
a bezel is --A grooved ring holding the glass or plastic cover of a watch face or other instrument in position.
How did apple patent the bezel when it has existed on watches since watches started being made. What is special about apple's bezel? Something has to hold the glass.
Not saying Samsung is innocent, hell the stupid hard press button on the S3 looks more like the iPhone than most of the issues in the case, but apparently that isn't an issue. Could someone please clarify how Apple wins because of the bezel. Obviously i am missing something.

I have no idea how apple has any of those patents... when it comes to the technology or even something like an icon grid, they are far from being the inventors of it

they might win a few battles now that they're picking on some OEMs but when Google goes all in they will lose the war

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I have no idea how apple has any of those patents... when it comes to the technology or even something like an icon grid, they are far from being the inventors of it

they might win a few battles now that they're picking on some OEMs but when Google goes all in they will lose the war

I hope so. Cordless phones have had the green talk button since i remember cordless phones. But apparently apple patented that also. Ridiculous.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope so. Cordless phones have had the green talk button since i remember cordless phones. But apparently apple patented that also. Ridiculous.

we'll have an easier time figuring what apple did first... thats an extremely short list lol

TyroneMartin

Reaction score
This trial was ajoke

Unbelievable this trial. I said in the beginning that Apple would win soley because they are American based. 2 trials, 2 different countries, 2 different verdicts. Personally I've always hated Apple and this has just drove me completely away. How can you successfully compete in this industry if your not manufacturing what people want. I've owned evry Samsung after the Iphone and I felt that their phones were better because you were able share accross any phone no matter the maker. Apple claimed that they came up their desins and the other companies stole their ideas. Maybe so. But that did nothing for the sell of the iphone, it still sold like hotcakes. And none of the phones out there do exactly as the iphone does. So adding a feature here or there to an android device was like peas in a bucket. I mean really!!!!! How many cars, TV's, Furniture, clothing, DVD's etc.... do you see that look exactly the same but work a bit different. Thats the problem with Apple, they never play nice. Besides their F****ing iphone will be played out in a few years. I mean honestly iphone 10? Give me a break.

ambrown

Reaction score
Rageboardr said:
per dictionary.com
a bezel is --A grooved ring holding the glass or plastic cover of a watch face or other instrument in position.
How did apple patent the bezel when it has existed on watches since watches started being made. What is special about apple's bezel? Something has to hold the glass.
Not saying Samsung is innocent, hell the stupid hard press button on the S3 looks more like the iPhone than most of the issues in the case, but apparently that isn't an issue. Could someone please clarify how Apple wins because of the bezel. Obviously i am missing something.

Well it has more to do with Apple's "trade dress" than the bezel itself. Basically Samsung made their bezel look just like the iPhone's bezel... While I think that isn't a crime in and of itself, because Samsung followed other design cues the jury ended up looking for the bezel as a tale tell sign of copying.

I personally don't think Samsung's hard button on the S3 looks iPhone-like. I admit they choose to follow Apple's lead on placement, but of all things they could mess up following Apple that's one item I'm actually glad they included on the S3.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

OP
S

snitski51

Reaction score
Apple was once the end all be all of technology and now that they are losing people they need to try and cheat their way back in

rlfitz

Reaction score
I would think apple will be looking for more updates to our phones like the last one we just got that got rid of the internal search function. Like said aobve. Now i hate apple even more..

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2