Is the s3 going to go down the toilet now that Samsung lost to apple??

snitski51

Reaction score
What is going to happen to Samsung and the galaxy s3 now that they lost the trivial to apple and all that money??

toperm

Reaction score
Not bad. First post only an hour after the verdict. My hunch is a huge appeal and no impact on phones for a good long time. The winner of this might be Microsoft with Windows 8 phones.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Personally, I feel that if there was never any news coverage of this trial, we wouldn't ever notice it. Either as an android /Samsung or iphone user.
Even if there is a substantial award, Samsung, Google, and Apple are all plenty capable of paying.
If I read the article correctly, Google has just filed a patent infringement case against apple, based on some Motorola patents. It's billionaires suing each other. As an end user, I just have trouble caring. The technology these people are arguing about will all be outdated in 12-18 months.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums...this issue is far from over IMHO. We shall see though.

toperm

Reaction score
I read there are something like 50 patent lawsuits coming. Yes, the Google one will be a biggie. Apple is suing because Android is kicking their butts. Wait till they tangle with Google. I agree, as users we will not see anything at least in the next few years. Long enough to get satellite networks running. And I still think Windows could benefit from this.

OP
S

snitski51

Reaction score
I definately agree that Samsung has the money but are they going to lay low for a little while and stop pushing updates and stuff?

JRParsons

Reaction score
I know this is an android forum, but I wouldn't mind a resurgence of Windows Mobile, or Windows Phone. The best experience I've ever had with a smartphone (taking into consideration the technology available) was my Touch Pro II. I had Windows phones until it was clear that you had to go Android or IOS. As a business owner who relies on many Microsoft products, having a phone that integrated seamlessly was very convenient. Android has come a long way, but when I first got my Thunderbolt I couldn't believe how unfriendly it was for business use.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
They'll change going forward, they won't likely change anything that's out right now. I mean short of making every s3 explode and giving every owner a new phone (including rooting people) they'll never change them now to get rid of patent issues. We're safe for now imo

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this is an android forum, but I wouldn't mind a resurgence of Windows Mobile, or Windows Phone. The best experience I've ever had with a smartphone (taking into consideration the technology available) was my Touch Pro II. I had Windows phones until it was clear that you had to go Android or IOS. As a business owner who relies on many Microsoft products, having a phone that integrated seamlessly was very convenient. Android has come a long way, but when I first got my Thunderbolt I couldn't believe how unfriendly it was for business use.

I really like Windows Phone - can't wait for 8.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Z06_Mir said:
They'll change going forward, they won't likely change anything that's out right now. I mean short of making every s3 explode and giving every owner a new phone (including rooting people) they'll never change them now to get rid of patent issues. We're safe for now imo

Are you sure having Samsung remotely explode all existing devices wasn't in Apples request for damages.
1. 2.5 billion $.
2. Ban all Samsung devices.
3. Explode all existing Samsung phones.
4. Have all Samsung users find and Iphone owner and apologize.
5. Write "I will not copy" 1000 times on the chalkboard.
6. Outlaw all references to the word "sheep" (my apologies to lonely farmers)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still do not understand how you can be found guilty in one country and innocent in another country on the same issues, I guess "$ under the table" has nothing to do with it:blink:. I guess fighting a battle against a foreign company in your own backyard is much easier and more biased in your favor, than fighting it in foreign ground, like GB, and Korea, where you lost in both cases, makes you just wonder about the judicial system, and on a side note, these jurors had no business in this trial "like your local garbage man has a clue about tech and patents" when the judge has to correct you on two of your findings "jury", it just makes it more obvious how biased this case was from the get go, it's a joke and a slap in the face to everyone involved with innovation.
And for everyone here, forget about tap to zoom and slide to scroll, that will be eliminated from your device very soon "thanks to innovation, cough cough by Apple".

Last edited:

meishkov

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
I still do not understand how you can be found guilty in one country and innocent in another country on the same issues, I guess "$ under the table" has nothing to do with it:blink:

Right u r. There's apple turds littered throughout the US, so there's a ridiculous bias to begin with. South Korea has Samsung fans, so they're biased. This b.s. lawsuit that crapple won happened at the perfect time for them. Guaranteed if this were to have happened in a few years from now, once apple products become obsolete once people realize they've stopped innovating and have taken their creativity to the court rooms, the tables would be turned in Samsung's favor. This whole escapade has given me a headache. Most bogus patents ever conceived.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Beskidia

Reaction score
I still do not understand how you can be found guilty in one country and innocent in another country on the same issues, I guess "$ under the table" has nothing to do with it:blink:. I guess fighting a battle against a foreign company in your own backyard is much easier and more biased in your favor, than fighting it in foreign ground, like GB, and Korea, where you lost in both cases, makes you just wonder about the judicial system, and on a side note, these jurors had no business in this trial "like your local garbage man has a clue about tech and patents" when the judge has to correct you on two of your findings "jury", it just makes it more obvious how biased this case was from the get go, it's a joke and a slap in the face to everyone involved with innovation.
And for everyone here, forget about tap to zoom and slide to scroll, that will be eliminated from your device very soon "thanks to innovation, cough cough by Apple".

they jury system was obviously not a good choice of deciding. they are trying to find less informed people because they will be "unbiased" but the problem is, most of these uninformed people are just uninformed of Samsung as a company and any other phone that is not marketed by Apple. Seriously, Apple marketing has hit everyone, and if you are not well informed, then you are likely an Apple fan. So the bias was pretty much clear since some of the Jury probably never even used a samsung phone but has come across Apple and all its glory

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I have to admit, I can't help but wonder what kind of phones the jury used...

JFrawls

Reaction score
The most disturbing part in my mind is that there is no consistency with the rulings in all of these cases... I'm tired of it, Apple has no reason to sue they already make billions. You really have to be an utter and complete moron to be confused between apple and samsung products. Like the tard that returned a Galaxy Tab because "they thought it was an iPad" completely asinine.

I haven't owned anything apple since a 2nd generation iPod all because I can't stand the company. If there were no other phones, I still wouldnt own an iPhone