Is the Market hosed or is it my phone?

knoxxiv

Reaction score
I would normally think that as well but it seems that I'm not the only one experiencing an issue like this. I'm currently using the card that came with the phone. Not sure of the brand, I can check it out later.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try pulling the card out and reseating it. Sometimes they wiggle a bit loose or some crud builds up on the contacts. When you have it out take a toothbrush to the contacts (GENTLY!).

mszv

Reaction score
This is happening to me too, Motorola Droid, unrooted phone, Froyo, updated the os through Verizon. It happens with apps on the sd card. I've rebooted and reseated the sd card several times.

So, per what I read, I move an app to the phone, remove the sd card, update the app, put the sd card back in, and move the app back to the sd card. Very annoying.

I haven't submitted a trouble ticket yet. Not sure who I should submit it too -- Verizon, Motorola?

knoxxiv

Reaction score
Got me. Maybe both? If you do please post the results.

MindHead

Reaction score
Also having this issue. I had it for months though.... i just got fed up and didnt download on it and just used my ipod to download stuff....

plz if there is a fix i must know!!! this sucks. I cant update anything and I cant download anything..... and im NOT Rooted. 2.2

demobrain

Reaction score
I'm having this problem as well. I have a DInc with rooted 2.2. It seems to be random for me. It started before I moved any apps to sd card. Most apps still update ok but a few, like Where, that won't update and there have been several that will not install to begin with. I have tried clearing Market cache.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have an unrooted Droid 1 (now with FRG83D) and although it's happened once in a great while, it installed properly just by going into the Market, selecting the app and pressing the "Update" button.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm having this problem as well. I have a DInc with rooted 2.2. It seems to be random for me. It started before I moved any apps to sd card. Most apps still update ok but a few, like Where, that won't update and there have been several that will not install to begin with. I have tried clearing Market cache.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
There are two buttons; Cache and the one for ALL the data. I always do all the data if I have issues. Have you tried that one? Or is that the one you're referring to? :) (Makes for a good starting point.)

MindHead

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, MindHead!

What have you done to try to fix the problem? :)

Hi , I tried clearing the cache in both market and download manger like everyone else. I tried to unmount sd card and that did nothing as well. I also tried to uninstall market undates but that to did nothing. Everyone I found who has this issue are rooted but I'm not rooted and this was a brand new phone when I got it. But mainly I just cant download anything I don't have or I can't upgrade the apps I have.

I'm not looking to root either.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

demobrain

Reaction score
I have found that unmounting the card worked for me. There were some apps that I couldn't do an initial install on and several that the updates wouldn't install. The initial installs were obviosly going to phone memory and the updates were for apps on either phone or sd memory so I don't know why unmounting the card changes anything but it did.