is the gs3 quad core

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently the European version is quad core, but quad core processors won't work with LTE radios, so the US version is dual core

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's why ya need the Korean version... How the quad core should be...imo... Quad core with two gigs of ram... Best of both versions :D

"I'll get you my little pretty and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks so much
The Krait Dual core is a much more efficient chip, Qualcomm has been in the phone chipset business for many years, reason for their chipsets only working with LTE, plus the Dual core S4 is no slouch compared to the quad core chips, in real world use you will not see one bit of a difference, trust me. The dual core quad core thing is for the gadget Geeks something to talk about "and for manufacturers trying to sell you a new device every six months", it's not like you will be running business and scientific software on your smartphone, we have ways to go till that happens.

nodixe

Reaction score
Do you know of any place to find a contrast/comparison of the various processors? I was only aware of Ti Omap, Qc Snapdragon, Ss Humingbird, and Nv Tegra. From what I read the Snapdragon was generally considered inferior to the Humingbird (which is related to apples A5 cpu I think!) Then I remember everybody was excited about the "nexus prime's" unlocked omap. I don't know much about the Tegra or anything about the Krait or Exynos?
Edit: I know I can google it and I will but I always appreciate a good educated opinion when it comes to relating the technical info to performance/rooting/flashing/locked bootloaders etc.

Sgs Continuum> Droid X> Droid 3
sent using Tapatalk2

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
nodixe said:
Do you know of any place to find a contrast/comparison of the various processors? I was only aware of Ti Omap, Qc Snapdragon, Ss Humingbird, and Nv Tegra. From what I read the Snapdragon was generally considered inferior to the Humingbird (which is related to apples A5 cpu I think!) Then I remember everybody was excited about the "nexus prime's" unlocked omap. I don't know much about the Tegra or anything about the Krait or Exynos?
Edit: I know I can google it and I will but I always appreciate a good educated opinion when it comes to relating the technical info to performance/rooting/flashing/locked bootloaders etc.

Sgs Continuum> Droid X> Droid 3
sent using Tapatalk2
Qualcomm at the moment is the leader in mobile chips, the S4 Krait dual core architecture is hard to beat, it's the only one right now with a die size of 28nm, very power efficient, beats the Tegra quad core in every bench except in the GPU department, but that will change when the S4 goes to quad core this fall with the improved GPU chip. Get more info at www.qualcomm.com .

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

droid doctor

Reaction score
I've heard the U.S version is dual core with 2gb of ram and that ics is optimized for dual core and not quad core.