DNA only 1.5 GB? What about all the advertising saying 2gb?

Wilkems

Reaction score
So my phones says it only has 1.5gb of Ram. I'm hoping that it's just saying 1.5 that's usable, because other programs are using the other .5gb. However I doubt that because if I shut down everything I'm still using 30%.

So what happened? Did they release a crappier version to the Americas? Just like the dual core GS3 vs the internation quad core GS3? Please someone shed light on this.

Psykho

Reaction score
My DNA says 2gb ram and the international S3 was a dual core processor but just a different kind...

OP
W

Wilkems

Reaction score
My DNA says 2gb ram and the international S3 was a dual core processor but just a different kind...

The international GS3 is most definitely a quad core processor, but with only 1gb ram.

I found where it says 2gb on the phone, but when I open my "NQ Android Booster" app to manage apps and battery usage it shows " 'x' mbs used of 1570mbs" So that is throwing me off. Why can't this app find the full 2gb?

Briankbl

Reaction score
The international GS3 is most definitely a quad core processor, but with only 1gb ram.

I found where it says 2gb on the phone, but when I open my "NQ Android Booster" app to manage apps and battery usage it shows " 'x' mbs used of 1570mbs" So that is throwing me off. Why can't this app find the full 2gb?

Most likely, just as you alluded to in your original post, that missing space is dedicated space for other things. Just as you don't have a full 16GB free for storage.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Correct the phone sets aside roughly 25% of the ram for the system to run on. I have searched and read a few articles on the topic.

Communicated from atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

Psykho

Reaction score

Oh yeah that's right it was a quad and when I said my DNA said 2gb I meant in the hardware information...

OP
W

Wilkems

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help! The other place I noticed it was in Geekbench when I ran my benchmark. It showed 1.52 which made me REALLY concerned. I would be interested to hear if people with the GN2 are seeing the same things, since it most definitely has 2gb. But thanks again for the help everyone!

rob1459

Reaction score
Nq android booster works very well! Thanks for this jewel of information. I've had my DNA for A week, battery is good for me, former maxx owner.