Is the droid 3 worth switching to?

JeffMAndersen

Reaction score
I ask this because I had a droid 1 and loved it, got upgraded to the droid 2 for free and loved it. Then I broke the D2 and verizon wouldn't replace it (because I got upgraded to it through a warranty on the D1. Super lucky) so I bought the cheapest Droid phone available, the Droid X.

Now that I've used the Droid X for a while, I went to Verizon today and couldn't justify losing the bigger screen, the lack of massive bloatware, and a better UI/skin for 200$.

Does anyone think it'd be worth me switching? Or is there a phone that would better suit my needs coming out soon. I don't need 4G at all, and I don't normally consider rooting (but with the Droid 3 I would just to get rid of all the bloatware).

Any advice?

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I ask this because I had a droid 1 and loved it, got upgraded to the droid 2 for free and loved it. Then I broke the D2 and verizon wouldn't replace it (because I got upgraded to it through a warranty on the D1. Super lucky) so I bought the cheapest Droid phone available, the Droid X.

Now that I've used the Droid X for a while, I went to Verizon today and couldn't justify losing the bigger screen, the lack of massive bloatware, and a better UI/skin for 200$.

Does anyone think it'd be worth me switching? Or is there a phone that would better suit my needs coming out soon. I don't need 4G at all, and I don't normally consider rooting (but with the Droid 3 I would just to get rid of all the bloatware).

Any advice?

The Droid 3 is fantastic. That being said, it sounds like you're pretty comfortable with the Droid X. The biggest selling point should be the amazing keyboard that the Droid 3 has, and the fast processor (which is really noticeable when changing to Launcher Pro). I don't know if its necessarily worth the switch for $200 if you already love your phone. I had the Thunderbolt and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. This switch was necessary for me. But I will say this: Droid 3 feels like home to me after owning an OG and loving it as my favorite phone. If you want THAT feeling again, go with a Droid 3. If not, stick with what you got.

everstar80

Reaction score
I agree I mean I have to have my physical keyboard because of my huge hands and I was just done with my droid2global and all of its problems. And this has been a great break from that so to me it was worth it, but you sound satisfied with what you have, just boils down to whether or not you want a physical keyboard, latest gingerbread, the blur isn't irritating as hell and pretty good battery life or the bigger screen with the DroidX and the benefits that you already have with that.