Is the 98.18.94 update keeping me from getting KK?

jabo052

Reaction score
I've been selecting "Install Later" on 98.18.94 update for months now and was wondering if this is somehow keeping me from seeing the KK update. Seems like the latest update would simply take the old ones place.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to install them in order. I don't think you will see the KK update until you are on the latest system version.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to install them in order. I don't think you will see the KK update until you are on the latest system version.

+1 this is 100% correct :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the confirm @bweN. Jabo052: the 18.94 update was a minor maintenance update from VZW. Nothing much in it. If you want KK, the 18.94 update is nothing to worry about. I think VZW updated Backup Asst+ and renamed it Verizon Cloud...that's about all I remember from that update.

OP
J

jabo052

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was asking hoping there was some way to keep root and bootloader unlocked, which is why I've hit "install later" on the other update for months, but it doesn't look like I can save either. Still not sure I want to upgrade yet with the issues I've read about.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Thanks for the replies. I was asking hoping there was some way to keep root and bootloader unlocked, which is why I've hit "install later" on the other update for months, but it doesn't look like I can save either. Still not sure I want to upgrade yet with the issues I've read about.

you cant keep root, but you can get it back because your bootloader is unlocked.
also, the update(s) will not lock your bootloader back, in fact as far as we know thats not possible.

you will need to flash back to stock before taking the updates, or root will cause it to fail.
alternatively, you could just flash right to KK and bypass the updates.

OP
J

jabo052

Reaction score
you cant keep root, but you can get it back because your bootloader is unlocked.
also, the update(s) will not lock your bootloader back, in fact as far as we know thats not possible.

you will need to flash back to stock before taking the updates, or root will cause it to fail.
alternatively, you could just flash right to KK and bypass the updates.

Ok.* Thanks for the help.* This is what I was wondering about.* A couple people told me I'd have to install the other updates before I could kk but maybe they meant for the kk ota to show up.* Any idea where I can find kk to flash?*

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Ok.* Thanks for the help.* This is what I was wondering about.* A couple people told me I'd have to install the other updates before I could kk but maybe they meant for the kk ota to show up.* Any idea where I can find kk to flash?*

Motorola Firmwares