Decisions Decisions

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm due for an upgrade early next month and I'd like some input from everyone. I've narrowed my list down to the Motorola Mini, the Ultra, the X, and the HTC One. I know the processors are all about the same and they are all running KK now. So besides the size and screen (which I will check out in person) what are the pros and cons. I like the size of the Mini and the Ultra and One are as big as I want to go. My wife has the DNA and that is too big for me. Any advice is appreciated.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Motorola has been sold to Lenovo, the PC manufacturer that bought IBM's ThinkPad, and I think later on the IBM Desktop products, and maybe buying the IBM Server line. Respectable company, but will they take care of the current line of products, as they transition to their own design concepts? But the current line is sweet, and the O/S flies! ! Who knows. HTC has been doing Android flagship products for awhile, but has lackluster marketing that does it's product line no justice, therefore not much increase in market share. Great products from HTC, however. Samsung is maturing, but they throw everything into these products, and features get convoluted. It appears they are aware of this, and making changes with the new S5 coming as in less bloatware, huge camera upgrade, but not much performance wise (micro updating is Apple's forte, I thought, lol). Don't forget LG G2. But LG never had a flagship product like the G2, but handled it very well. Great reviews, and was number one on many product of the year lists. But will they support it well? Really, all phones are a risk. And every vendor has an upgrade coming soon, Samsung S5, LG G2 follow-on, and HTC One follow-on. Motorola on hold till it gets final sale to Lenovo? Who knows, but I have not read of any new releases coming soon. You may want to wait till the next wave of products.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I was at the VZ store today and I was trying out the Mini and the One. The Mini is growing on me. The screen is nice. Colors are good and the ringtones are loud. I really like the size too. The One just seems too big for my taste. I'll have to go back again and keep playing with them. I looked at the G2 and S4 and they are both too big. The Samsung Mini just doesn't match up spec wise to the Moto Mini or the One. The One does have more storage 32g vs 16g but my phone has a 16g sd card and I have about 12g unused. This may be my first non HTC smart phone.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
After looking at all the phones I've decided to get the Moto X. Now I have to wait three more weeks until my contact is up. Between the reviews and the users in here it looks like a great phone. The icing on the cake is the size. For me, my Rezound was the perfect size and the X is almost exactly the same size physically but with a bigger screen. I was checking it out the other day in the VZ store but I'll probably get it at BB because they have it for free. I'm going for the black one. I'm really excited, this looks like a really nice phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Moto X is a really solid and good phone, I'm still contemplating picking one up just for fun and to switch between my s4 and an X. Spec wise it's not as nice compared to the likes of the One or other high end devices, but it feels like it can just about perform as well if not better than the powerhouse phones. Everything about it was just smooth, not a single hiccup.

Just to throw it in the mix, the Galaxy s5 should be released once your 3wks is up. It's a bit bigger than the One, but would you consider it? I'm just curious is all.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Just to throw it in the mix, the Galaxy s5 should be released once your 3wks is up. It's a bit bigger than the One, but would you consider it? I'm just curious is all.

I was looking at the One and I really wanted it but it was too big for me so the S4 & S5 are out too. I've owned nothing but HTC's and loved them but I like one handed operation. My wife's DNA is the same way, too big.