Is Smartstay working for you on verizon?

kmoff77

Reaction score
Just got my phone tonight. I have the screen set for 30 second time out, but the smart stay is turned on. I still find the screen turning off on my even when I am reading something. It doesn't seem like the smart stay is working. Do I need to do something?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Was very hit and miss. Turned it off and installed my favorite app, Screebl Lite, instead.

Beka27

Reaction score
I see the notification show up sometimes, but I'm not 100% sure what it's using? Is it your eyes? I wear glasses, so I don't know if that causes an issue.

skennelly

Reaction score
I see the notification show up sometimes, but I'm not 100% sure what it's using? Is it your eyes? I wear glasses, so I don't know if that causes an issue.

Yes, I believe it's your eyes. Mine is working perfectly, but my wife says hers doesn't work. I think it has to do a lot with the way you hold your phone. I think it needs to be held like you are taking a picture of yourself with the front camera.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

backlash

Reaction score
I was trying this when I had the phone on t-mobile and it didn't work. Very rarely would I get the "eye" icon to show up.
I'm assuming it's using the front facing camera to scan you eyes.............but that makes you have to tilt the phone at an awkward angle that makes it harder to read.

So, it's not a thing that Verizon screwed up, it's just the phone in general.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I understand smart stay keeps the phone awake while you are looking at it. If you look away for a couple seconds and it turns off, and then look back, will the screen turn back on?

chris215

Reaction score
Mine is working. The screen hasn't timed out yet after I've seen the symbol turn on.