Is my phone bricked or is there something I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottyBotsworth

Reaction score
I tried to replace some of my missing apps from here so I could apply the update but I must have messed it up somehow. My fault for removing some of the verizon junk and not freezing it. Now I am stuck in a boot loop. Is there anything that can be done or am I screwed with this phone?

I'm just going to leave it in recovery for now because the phone refuses to stay off and it constantly saying "droid" ever 30 seconds or so is rather annoying.

daryls61

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem and did a factory rests. Really loaded everything using titanium backup and am now good to go. Still missing files for the update so I have not tried adding any more yet but phone works.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
B

BottyBotsworth

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem and did a factory rests. Really loaded everything using titanium backup and am now good to go. Still missing files for the update so I have not tried adding any more yet but phone works.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

I've tried doing the old factory reset 3 times then wiping the cache 3 times but it's not working still. Does anyone know if the verizon insurance policy will protect the phone if I drop it into a bucket of water? Going to head down there later today when they open and see if they'll replace it. I'm just afraid they might find out it's rooted which is where the bucket of water would be handy.

daryls61

Reaction score
I've tried doing the old factory reset 3 times then wiping the cache 3 times but it's not working still. Does anyone know if the verizon insurance policy will protect the phone if I drop it into a bucket of water? Going to head down there later today when they open and see if they'll replace it. I'm just afraid they might find out it's rooted which is where the bucket of water would be handy.

If they figure out it is rooted, I don not think they will replace it. Your best bet might be the bucket idea so they can't try and fix it there and realize it is rooted. That way it would just cost you your deductable.

I have no experience with this scenario though so I am only speculating.

Cegal

Reaction score
Water damage, more than likely, isn't covered in a standard replacement plan. But if you pitch a fit enough about it being a $650 phone...you might catch a lenient manager. But if you can somehow get it to not turn on without the wdi turning colors then they couldn't prove that its rooted.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

OP
B

BottyBotsworth

Reaction score
Water damage, more than likely, isn't covered in a standard replacement plan. But if you pitch a fit enough about it being a $650 phone...you might catch a lenient manager. But if you can somehow get it to not turn on without the wdi turning colors then they couldn't prove that its rooted.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

I am paying the whatever for the insurance and I think I remember seeing something about water damage. My sister who works for sprint says it's easier to claim if I said it was stolen since I have that policy. I also know before she left Verizon for Sprint that she replaced her broken screen twice without hassle.

If not, looks like I am going back to an OG droid until I can save up 650 for a new one. Already dunked it.

~Edit~

Yeah, have Asurion coverage which states liquid damage. Hopefully this goes well. I originally got it because I was afraid of my phone being stolen again.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Asurion not only covers water damage, but loss and theft as well....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Dave Lister

Reaction score
If you haven't done anything to the phone yet, the fastboot file that should unbrick your phone has been released. Look in the Droid 4 General forum for info on how to use it.

r314bd

Reaction score
OP
B

BottyBotsworth

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Already dunked my phone unfortunately but surprisingly the thing is a beast. Still going to pay the 100 to replace it because I don't know what all is dead on it now but hey, at least I will have something until the new one shows up and will be able to back up my stuff.

Funny story, immediately after I put the phone under water and made sure it wasn't working anymore my sister told me about the website I could use to make a claim completely making the whole water thing moot.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Already dunked my phone unfortunately but surprisingly the thing is a beast. Still going to pay the 100 to replace it because I don't know what all is dead on it now but hey, at least I will have something until the new one shows up and will be able to back up my stuff.

Funny story, immediately after I put the phone under water and made sure it wasn't working anymore my sister told me about the website I could use to make a claim completely making the whole water thing moot.

*SCREENSHOT*

Keep talking, this one's gonna make it to failblog.org

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this has gone on so long, but we do not discuss warranty/insurance fraud on this site.

Please remember this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.