Did I brick my phone?

spartans

Reaction score
Ok, so I wanted to install the 2.3.320 leak on my phone. Before I did this I wanted to SBF back to factory settings. Here's where I think I messed up. I downloaded the 2.3.15 SBF (I was on 2.3.20) and then I used RSDLite. At the end of the process when the phone tried to reboot it got stuck in a boot loop. Since I figured the problem was that I used the wrong SBF, I tried 2.3.20 then I got an error: FEBE 0047.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I really hope I don't need to get a new phone.

Bro KV

Reaction score
Did you try pulling the battery and booting into the bootloader and wiping the data/cache. Then turning it on.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can get back to the bootloader, then you're not bricked. Can you?

OP
S

spartans

Reaction score
I'm trying to get into the bootloader and it's staying at the exclamation mark

Edit: Never mind I was doing it wrong, I'll report back if this works

Edit again: Yes, I can get into the bootloader. But when I try to wipe data it says "E:Can't mound CACHE:recovery/log"

Edit again: Wiped data/cache. Works now, what a relief.. Thanks.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can see exclamation marks or the bootloader, you're not bricked. I've only ever seen two or three truly bricked phones on this forum since I got started a year ago. Glad you got it worked out.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you can get into the bootloader then you're not bricked, as Ken said. Always remember that. :)

(Unless it says can't program code corrupt.)

Glad it's working for you!

dsdonut

Reaction score
I just upgraded Liberty to 3 v2 through the rom toolbox app. Now my phone won't boot. It just shows the liberty bell motorola logo for a second or two, then goes blank. It just keeps doing that in a loop. Is there any way to fix this, or is it hopeless?

leftspin

Reaction score
You softbricked it, but no worries, this will get you back up: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

flash the Gingerbread SBF file from here: https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

The reason you got the bootloop is you probably flashed the ROM over the wrong kernel version, so make sure to use 4.5.602 or 4.5.605 to flash this ROM (unless you were on 4.5.621 before, if that's the case then 4.5.621 is the only one you can flash).