Is it safe

v8hasdroid

Reaction score
I am a newbie to roms and whatnot... but I want to know is it safe to try and rom my droid? Last one I tried was a complete failure... but that was a few months ago... my main reason is I'm sick of the basic look of the droid 2 global.. I want a different theme

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kickyindahead

Reaction score
best advice ... read up on what youre doing and then start with fission 2.4.3 .. its the most stable rom for the d2g ... and then use adw launcher to change your "look" of your phone ..

OP
V

v8hasdroid

Reaction score
Thank you very much!

cutiedroid

Reaction score
best advice ... read up on what youre doing and then start with fission 2.4.3 .. its the most stable rom for the d2g ... and then use adw launcher to change your "look" of your phone ..

What is the stock ROM if you need Fission 2.4.3 to make ADW Launcher work? I downloaded that app and a couple of themes and wound up uninstalling all of it cause it gave my phone conniptions. How would Fission have made it better?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you asking if you need to use fission to run adw? because you shouldn't. fission may make the phone more stable overall but you don't need any rom to use a home screen replacement.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
are you asking if you need to use fission to run adw? because you shouldn't. fission may make the phone more stable overall but you don't need any rom to use a home screen replacement.

Okay, thanks!

wid0maker

Reaction score

What is fission? And can I dl it from my phone?

wid0maker

Reaction score
Quick reply before work:

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

Instructions are straight-forward. Basically: root, reboot, install FRM (Fission Rom Manager), install rom from FRM. They made it damn near goof-proof. Just don't install anything for the D2/DX on your D2G.

So I have the Z4 app or root rather so I should indoor it them do that?

bikedude880

Reaction score
Quick reply before work:

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

Instructions are straight-forward. Basically: root, reboot, install FRM (Fission Rom Manager), install rom from FRM. They made it damn near goof-proof. Just don't install anything for the D2/DX on your D2G.

So I have the Z4 app or root rather so I should indoor it them do that?

Uhm... I have no idea. Perhaps turn off auto-correct...

bikedude880

Reaction score
wid0maker said:
I currently have Z4 app for the root. Do I need to unroot? And the link u sent me too it said I need a bootstrapped is it vital that I have it? Sorry complete noob to this. Thanks for your time.

No you don't need to unroot.
Bootstrapping allows the system to load a custom recovery (needed to install rom).

wid0maker

Reaction score
wid0maker said:
I currently have Z4 app for the root. Do I need to unroot? And the link u sent me too it said I need a bootstrapped is it vital that I have it? Sorry complete noob to this. Thanks for your time.

No you don't need to unroot.
Bootstrapping allows the system to load a custom recovery (needed to install rom).

Ok thanks sorry for the confusion appreciate the help!

bikedude880

Reaction score
No problem, i'm usually short of time when I post, so i'm quite blunt :p

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

wid0maker

Reaction score
So I made a donation got pw but says pw doesn't work and the link is dead. Help?