D2g rom help

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
I actually got it. Thanks. Where you lost me was I was trying to use the clock work ui to install from zip. which kept hanging. Instead I chose reboot to recovery using the boot strapper and then it gave me the directions you had confirmed.

FYI being harsh could also be interpreted as being a jerk. Either way I do appreciate the direction.

keolawills

Reaction score
Okay, here it is, step by step... dont worry i was completely lost about a month ago.

1. READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON THIS FORUM OVER AND OVER BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING. Most of your questions have already been asked and answered.
2. Now, that you understand what youre doing and the risks, download z4root. Make sure you have have unknown sources checked along with usb debugging in the applications settings. Install z4root and permanent root. Reboot.
Before you move on make sure you have the d2g rom you want to flash on the root of your sdcard.
3. Download droid bootstrapper from market.
4. Run bootstrapper app. Press "reboot recovery" press ok.
5. Press reboot recovery. Phone will reboot into a black menu with green font.(doesnt get any simpler) in this menu, volume up/down is for scrolling, camera button is "enter", and power button is "back".
6. Go down to "mount system" hit enter then again on "mount/system", hit back
7. Go to "wipe date/factory reset" hit enter then go down to "yes" enter
8. Do the same for "wipe cache"
9. Install zip from rom
10. Choose zip from sd card
11. Scroll down to find rom(oreoangel.zip for example) hit enter then on "yes" again and let it do its thing.
12. Now go back to main screen and reboot phone. First reboot will take a while to boot up so be patient.

If your still lost go back to the first step i posted. There is a video on youtube to root and install liberty on a d2. This video will show you the steps. Know that liberty doesnt work on a d2g without the drg romer tool. Hope this helps...

sent from an OreoAngel

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I actually got it. Thanks. Where you lost me was I was trying to use the clock work ui to install from zip. which kept hanging. Instead I chose reboot to recovery using the boot strapper and then it gave me the directions you had confirmed.

FYI being harsh could also be interpreted as being a jerk. Either way I do appreciate the direction.

Glad u got it, many members on this forum know me as being harsh or a jerk but it is for a reason. I have been hacking devices since the psp phat and have spent many hours fixing what I broke because I didn't read enough about what I was doing. In MOST cases I am simply try to keep others from experiencing the pain of throwing away money on a stupid mistake. I don't enjoy being a prick but it has helped more than it has hurt so congratulations on your first custom rommed phone, see h around, I won't be revisiting this thread.... EVER ;^)

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

OP
n0madtanks

n0madtanks

Reaction score
thank you everyone for all you help. Even Skitzo :)

PsychoLogiKal

Reaction score
Glad u got it, many members on this forum know me as being harsh or a jerk but it is for a reason. I have been hacking devices since the psp phat and have spent many hours fixing what I broke because I didn't read enough about what I was doing. In MOST cases I am simply try to keep others from experiencing the pain of throwing away money on a stupid mistake. I don't enjoy being a prick but it has helped more than it has hurt so congratulations on your first custom rommed phone, see h around, I won't be revisiting this thread.... EVER ;^)

If you hadn't been so stuck on yourself and getting angry at him for not in your words following directions, I was able to easily duplicate his error within the time it took me to back-up my current device settings, sbf and install CWM without d2bootstrap. Granted i know he had already fixed his issue, i was curious myself since i had never seen that error either. What caused it was simply him installing CWM on a D2G without D2Bootstrap, which in my eyes could be a pretty easy mistake for someone new to modding devices to make considering 4/5 of the guides out there say to use CWM and make no mention of D2Bootstrap. Finding out what caused the problem and duplicating it is an important step to fixing and trouble shooting no matter what it is you are trying to do.

BTW the above comment was not intended to flame you in any way shape or form it was only meant to inform you that taking the "YOUR A NOOB FOLLOW DIRECTIONS" approach is not the best way to achieve results. we have all learned something new by this because his problem made me curious and i successfully duplicated it instead of flaming him.

As for the next comment well take it as you will but, saying that "I have been hacking devices since the psp phat" only goes to show how new you are to the scene of modifying ones electronic devices to fit ones needs. Some of us have been modifying our devices since WELL BEFORE Sony even dreamt of entering the console market in the first place. Think back to Vacuum tubes, as well as ma-bell and the "Phreaks".

PsychoLogiKal

Reaction score
wow now that i posted that i saw the date, i could have swore it said "Posted yesterday" when i was reading it. meh whatever