Is he going to make it?

walrus1

Reaction score
So I'm having a series of really weird things going on with 16GB Galaxy S3. On Monday my microSD card came up with an error message about needing to be reformatted. I put it in my computer just to make sure and sure enough it's corrupt. I reformat redownloaded my music and go on with my life. Yesterday my SD card is removed and reconnects a few times. I'm still not alarmed I figure its just a dying card after all I did by a very cheap no brand card that was on sale on Newegg. Well today I wake up and it's corrupt again I reformat and make a note to buy a new one when I return from my upcoming trip.

Later today I get home and take out my phone and I realize it's really freaking hot! I've never felt it so hot!! I take off the cover and let it cool down for a few minutes. I go back to check it and still very very hot! I take out the battery and leave the back cover off. It cools down and I turn it back on. It seems to be running normally put the back cover on and all seems well. Well now the screen is going crazy. It started off with very strong distortion that fades into a solid white. Locking the phone seems to help but after between 20 seconds to 3 minutes it starts again. The color is now changing to green then going solid white and the temperature is staying normal.

As I said earlier I'm traveling later this Friday and since tomorrow is a holiday I'm kinda of in a bind here. I tried removing the microSD card and swapping out the battery. I've also tried leaving it off for an hour and nothing has helped. Is it something easy to fix? Or is it dead as I fear it is? Am I traveling sans phone? Thanks in advance!

wcjeep

Reaction score
My wife had very similar problems. Bought her a new 64gb Sandisk Class 10 memory card. Might've been an Ultra? About $54 on Amazon. This cleared up her weird problems. Be sure to check your Lost.dir folder. The phone can store shutdown errors here. When found I delete the files while leaving the actual folder alone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
What has your battery life been like? There may be an app running in the background that is keeping it hot.