Is anyone still working on this?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using it for a long time but there hasn't been an update in ages.

Is there a new release coming out?

Anything going on at all?

DeeMat

Reaction score
So what a ROM should I change to? I don't need fancy extra's which is why I like this one.

Based on your stated requirements, I would recommend RZ's

I am currently on LGB1.31 and it is working fine.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah I like Rom Manager and I don't even know how to install that one. Anything else stable and easy?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at different ROM's but they all seem to have bugs. At least this works.

Any other suggestions?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
check out pete's bugless section or project elite although just about all the roms out are pretty good but since u said u dont want to many extras those two came to mind...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried Sorcery and loved it but wi-fi was broke and google googles didnt work. Guess I will stick to lith mod.

daware

Reaction score
I'd go with Project Elite 5.0. If you're not looking to try Gingerbread, go with 4.2. I've tried both and like them. They seem to be very popular and highly talked about on this forum.

EbE404

Reaction score
I'd go with Project Elite 5.0. If you're not looking to try Gingerbread, go with 4.2. I've tried both and like them. They seem to be very popular and highly talked about on this forum.

I'll give a big +1 to Project Elite. I'm in the same camp-give me stability and performance without a ton of frivolous extras, and I'm really happy. PE has some great extras, but just if you don't want them, they are easy to avoid.

I'm playing with PE 5, but still spending most of my time in 4.2-both are outstanding, and I can't say enough for the devs, their support, openness and participation in the forum and community.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried Elite 4.2, found it a little buggy and my battery wasn't as good and the Droid wasn't as cool as it was with LithMod.

I'm sure it was my fault because I can't afford to wipe my data, however after using it I felt that it had nothing better than LithMod which works perfectly.

I run at 1200 and it's smooth and doesn't get hot.

I loved the Sourcery transitions and special effects but that one was every buggier.

I'll give a big +1 to Project Elite. I'm in the same camp-give me stability and performance without a ton of frivolous extras, and I'm really happy. PE has some great extras, but just if you don't want them, they are easy to avoid.

I'm playing with PE 5, but still spending most of my time in 4.2-both are outstanding, and I can't say enough for the devs, their support, openness and participation in the forum and community.

EbE404

Reaction score
I tried Elite 4.2, found it a little buggy and my battery wasn't as good and the Droid wasn't as cool as it was with LithMod.

I'm sure it was my fault because I can't afford to wipe my data, however after using it I felt that it had nothing better than LithMod which works perfectly.

I run at 1200 and it's smooth and doesn't get hot.

I loved the Sourcery transitions and special effects but that one was every buggier.

I ran 4.2 with a P3 kernel, and it was a bit cooler for me than the stock kernel. Of course, every phone is different there.

As far as bugginess, if you don't wipe data, errors on ROMs are pretty much unavoidable.

For my part, I loved Lithium, but after it became clear to me that it had pretty much dead-ended, I began to look for something that would be updated and supported, and I had a very similar experience on PE as I did on JRummy's Kangerades and Lithium-actually, I had slightly fewer errors and bugs than I did with this.

If you're happy with what you have, how it performs and where it is at, more power to you. You certainly don't need to change.