1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM 6 Battery Life

Discussion in 'Koush' started by omgar, Aug 30, 2010.

1. omgar

omgar New Member

I've been using most of the Release Candidates, (Except RC3 because there was problems with the Static IP) for a as long as they've been coming out. Now that we have this stable mod it is just absolutely great. My phone hasn't been running this good for a long time, and neither has my battery life!

It's been going for almost 26 hours now! With Wi-Fi runnng for a good amount of time, listening to music for around 4 hours. Alot of texting, a few calls, (Around thirty minutes worth), and yeah I love this.

Attached Files:

2. ebe3692

ebe3692 New Member

yeah Ive noticed a big bump in battery life compared to RC3, been on for 12 hours and still at 70 percent
    granted I have light usage, but with RC3 i was usually around 40-50 at this time of day.
  3. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

Ugh, I wish I saw something like this.

I swear you guys are running 125Mhz with the display off the entire time :p
  4. Glueeater

Glueeater New Member

i pushed 6.5 hours heavy usage (wifi, calls, texts, app installation and uninstallation, backups…) and only went down to 70%.

lol.

Granted I do have data shut off. Going to see how today lasts.
  5. moot

moot New Member

My battery life seems to be worse in comparison to the 26th nightly. I can no longer get through the day without a charge, on medium usage. While previously I would only be at 40% battery life.
  6. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

Turning data off - do you still get emails and texts?
  7. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Not email but you still get text and phone calls.

~ Transmitted via Droid ~
  8. Glueeater

Glueeater New Member

You can also use WiFi and enable sync. Being that I am never out of range of a wifi network, but am usually out of data coverage, I do this.
  9. caseyc

caseyc New Member

here is mine with some web surfing, emails, txt, and some calls

Attached Files:

10. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

That's impressive. My battery life has never been that good. Amazing how this varies from phone to phone
  11. caseyc

caseyc New Member

i mean it wasnt a hole lot of use but i was surprised at how long it lasted. CM6 def has some good battery life
  12. borq646

borq646 New Member

What kernel are you running? Set CPU settings?
  13. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yes please when you have replys tell us which kernel your running so we know how you are getting such great battery life.
  14. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I had horrible battery, like barely five hours with medium use. Turns out it was my phone wasn't being charge completely correctly. Got a new charger and recently made it last to 36hrs with medium use. Course, almost half the time was on WiFi, but still like 7 times more the battery and am quite satisfied. :)
  15. speakercode

speakercode New Member

This took me forever to solve on CM6, but I finally nailed it.

I had horrible battery life, where I'd be down 20% in 15 minutes and completely drain the thing with light use (some internet, very little phone, very little texting, forget about using maps/GPS) in about 5-6 hrs. I'd lose 30% during the night while I slept!

I was originally thinking that I needed to run a slower kernel, so I was doing various 800 kernels and setting it to 800 or even 700 with slower settings for screen off (250/250, 400/250, etc). My home (LP) was constantly lagging, being incredibly slow with no animations set on. Redraws were constant. I did try the code hack for screen redraws with limited results. LP would crash and ADW didn't crash but had some serious lag. This was with p3droid, chevyNo1, and jdlfg's kernels. I figured I'd try some different kernels and the lag was killing me so I said the hell with it, let's just go back to 1000. I grabbed slayher's 1000 and while it was faster, the wifi would not connect, so try something else.

Finally, jdlfg's 1000mHz kernel was the trick. Not only did I have the zip I was missing, but battery life is ASTOUNDING. I don't lose battery during the night (10% tops?) and I can go all day with the same use or more than before, and be down to maybe 60-70%.

Long story short: keep trying different kernels! Some are just way better for battery life than others. It took me a LONG time, but I finally found one that works.

I'm still confused why the battery life is so much better when I'm running at 1000/500 than when I was at 800/500. Any ideas?
  16. 96accord

96accord New Member

My battery life is better with CM6 over BB ROM.
  17. jville95

jville95 New Member

Do you mind saying which version you used from the CM page? There is like 3 or 4 different versions(not sure if they are any different from one another).

*edit: And are there any LV kernels for JDLFG or are all of them for FROYO 2.2 SV?
  18. Glueeater

Glueeater New Member

Turn data off and use wifi. Ultimate battery win.
  19. speakercode

speakercode New Member

Ummmmm I used the one in ROM manager which from what I understand is not the most current. It was the one from Aug 24, although now I've moved on to the one from Sept 4 which enables compcache so we'll see how that goes.

I don't know the answer to your second question though. :(
  20. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I've been trying out an app called "Y5 Battery Saver". When you connect to a Wifi AP, it records the IDs of all the cell towers that it can see and keeps a table of APs and cell towers. If you're within range of any of the cell towers it has listed, it will automatically turn on wifi - and when you go out of range, it will turn wifi off.

I'm sure there's a tradeoff between keeping another program running all the time (using battery) as a solution to try to SAVE battery, but this seems like it might actually work. Similar apps that use GPS end up wasting power by having to get the GPS location every few minutes, but this app is leveraging information that the phone already has to collect just to make/receive calls, so it's "free".

So far, the only downside I've found is that when you WANT to turn on wifi in a new place, Y5 will fight with you. You turn on wifi, go to the network list, pick out the network, start typing in a password, and by that point, Y5 turned wifi back off again. So you might need to remember to temporarily disable Y5 and then re-enable it once you're connected to the AP.
Search tags for this page

liquidsmooth rom 1.65 battery consumption