iPhone Dead, Droid Lives

TheMidnight

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined the forums after using several threads to get my phone working the way I want it to. Thanks to all the hackers smarter than me that got this stuff working. Anyway, I'm a big nerd living in Wisconsin who used to be an iPhone fanboy. Eventually I tired of AT&T's lousy network and my iPhone's constant lagging and poor voice quality, so I sold it and bought a Droid. This is the best phone I've ever owned hands down. I was a bit jealous when the Nexus One was announced, but I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be.

Anyway, I finally rooted my phone last night, and this morning I overclocked it to 1 GHz! It runs so spectacularly--my games run without choppiness, the interface snaps--it's wonderful. The only glitch is IM+ would make it reboot, so I ended up having to uninstall that.

I use TouchDown to sync with my work email and calendar, and it is a wonderful app, especially with the extra speed.

I'm interested in learning more about the Android SDK (adb), and also minor things like cool widgets and applications. The Android Market makes it hard to find any apps that aren't top-selling, so PM me if you know of a really cool widget or app you found.

I hope to make some good contributions here, and make some new friends. Viva la Droid!

--TheMidnight

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
congrats on upgrading!!

if u still wanted an IM app, try meebo IM, I use it and it has worked for me so far :)

OP
T

TheMidnight

Reaction score

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome welcome!! BUT first as an initiation rite please vote Droid for everything here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...9256-engadget-smartphone-year-vote-droid.html To prove you're loyalty! haha lol j/k but please vote!! :D Welcome! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

DONE! I even voted for Google Maps Navigation on the Droid for best GPS. :motdroidhoriz:

Gob Job Gob Job!! Glad to have you on the team!:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I Had a rooted phone for some time now, but I just upgraded to the Latest BB rom (7.5) the Native IM app for the G1 Its back on it. But it actually works and works beautifuly on Voltrox (Virtual Optical Learning Tranciever - Redundend Operating Xperiment) A.K.A My droid =p You folks should give it a try..